Help installing NIDNTT from old Zondervan CD and OS X 10.5

abe

Hello friends,

I hope you can help me as a few months ago (and finally getting around to install it) purchased on eBay what I thought was a newly released copy the Accordance NIDNTT CD and to my surprise it wont even install!

The CD was still shrink-wrapped when I received it, but the case indicates that it runs on 'MAC OS 7.0 or above'. When I open the CD on the Finder and attempt to run the NIDNTT Installer, I get the following error pop-up : 'You can't open the application "NIDNTT Installer" because the Classic environment is no longer supported". Please don't tell me I am out of luck since I shelled out $50 and I can't return it :( I do believe however that the seller misrepresented the software since he included a description that was taken right from a new NIDNTT OS X-compatible CD description and pasted it on the auction.

Are there any work-arounds that I can try to get it installed? I am running OS X 10.5.6 and the 7.4.2 Premier Library.

Thanks in advance for reading and helping me out.

-abe

You can simply copy the modules from the CD to your Accordance folder/Modules/Texts or Tools and then use Accordance to open them.

However, we do have an important upgrade to NIDNTT which makes it a Greek rather than an English tools, and you can get it on the Zondervan Reference CD for $10 or on any of the current Zondervan CDs for the price of that CD.

You should really upgrade to Accordance 8, especially for Leopard and/or Intel. The Premier Library 8 has many excellent additions to it.

Thanks for the reply Helen.

I tried copying the NIDNTT modules to the Accordance folder/Modules/Tools folder like you had suggested but that did not work - Accordance would not see the module. However I took a different route and used Edit > Arrange modules and added it to my English Tools and that did the trick. Thanks so much for the support it's always top-notch and very fast. I do plan on upgrading someday - think post-recession days but not at the moment.

-abe

Archived