Odd feature... Bug?

Timothy Jenney

Curiously, having a non biblical primary text does not limit reference tools in the parallel pane to those sharing the same corpus. They appear just fine, opening to the beginning of their content. Each pane then scrolls separately.

Examples: Mishnah-N and ZIBBCNT, APOCAL-E and ESVi cross-refs.

Texts not sharing the same corpus can also be chosen, but they not not actually appear--apparently recognizing that the verse reference doesn't appear within their text.

This is a very different sort of behavior than our desktop. Not sure if I like it or not. Hmmm...

I can think of times I'd like to have texts from different corpi(corpuses?) open at the same time and scrolling independently. It would be sort of like having two zones! Perhaps the scrolling could be linked only if they shared the same corpus.

However, I'm not sure when I'd use a text from one corpus and a tool from another.

Curiously, having a non biblical primary text does not limit reference tools in the parallel pane to those sharing the same corpus. They appear just fine, opening to the beginning of their content. Each pane then scrolls separately.

Examples: Mishnah-N and ZIBBCNT, APOCAL-E and ESVi cross-refs.

Texts not sharing the same corpus can also be chosen, but they not not actually appear--apparently recognizing that the verse reference doesn't appear within their text.

This is a very different sort of behavior than our desktop. Not sure if I like it or not. Hmmm...

I can think of times I'd like to have texts from different corpi(corpuses?) open at the same time and scrolling independently. It would be sort of like having two zones! Perhaps the scrolling could be linked only if they shared the same corpus.

However, I'm not sure when I'd use a text from one corpus and a tool from another.

Follow up...

Turns out biblical texts will also allow one to chose reference tools from another corpus, e.g. AGOSP Notes, APOL-T notes. They too open to the beginning and scroll separately.

It's just a general hole in the checking of corpus when generating the lists of applicable parallel content. I don't think I can get it fixed quickly enough for 1.2 but I'll add it to the list for 1.3.

Scott.

It's just a general hole in the checking of corpus when generating the lists of applicable parallel content. I don't think I can get it fixed quickly enough for 1.2 but I'll add it to the list for 1.3.

Scott.

Thanks for the explanation, Scott!

However, I now wonder if we shouldn't consider allowing non-parallel texts and tools in the secondary pane

It actually wasn't that hard to add the proper filtering to the parallel pane module lists so this "hole" will be closed in the 1.2 release candidate.

Scott.

It actually wasn't that hard to add the proper filtering to the parallel pane module lists so this "hole" will be closed in the 1.2 release candidate.

Scott.

did I hear, RC? sweet. :)

RC1 seems to work well and stable. The interface with desktop 9.3 is very nice. Great work!

Was there an update to Accordance this week?

I do not show one on Computer or IOS , so wondering if something wrong on my end or, if this release was delayed a bit?

Just wondering?

R+

Was there an update to Accordance this week?

I do not show one on Computer or IOS , so wondering if something wrong on my end or, if this release was delayed a bit?

Just wondering?

R+

Accordance for iOS 1.2 is at the release candidate stage and assuming no critical bugs are found during testing over the weekend, I'll be submitting it to Apple for approval on Monday or Tuesday. Accordance for Mac 9.3 is in pre-release testing and will likely be publicly released when the iOS app update appears on the App Store.

This thread should probably have been posted in the beta testing forum.

Scott

Accordance for iOS 1.2 is at the release candidate stage and assuming no critical bugs are found during testing over the weekend, I'll be submitting it to Apple for approval on Monday or Tuesday. Accordance for Mac 9.3 is in pre-release testing and will likely be publicly released when the iOS app update appears on the App Store.

This thread should probably have been posted in the beta testing forum.

Scott

Thank you Scott.

Archived