Switching from the search mode to the read mode

Guntis

I perform word search, then tap on the book icon to switch back to the reading mode. Which verse was at the top, that remains at the top and I can read from there full text in the context.

Here I have a problem - I search for "Sabbath" in the Gospel of John, the last reference is John 19:31, exactly what I was looking for! I move it up so that I could read it in context, but because it's the last match, I cannot move it to the top, it imnediately jumps back down, so when I tap on the book icon in the toolbar, I switch to John 7:23. Can you do something here so that I could switch to the last search match verse in context too?

I perform word search, then tap on the book icon to switch back to the reading mode. Which verse was at the top, that remains at the top and I can read from there full text in the context.

Here I have a problem - I search for "Sabbath" in the Gospel of John, the last reference is John 19:31, exactly what I was looking for! I move it up so that I could read it in context, but because it's the last match, I cannot move it to the top, it imnediately jumps back down, so when I tap on the book icon in the toolbar, I switch to John 7:23. Can you do something here so that I could switch to the last search match verse in context too?

Not being able to scroll the last search result to the top is a know limitation that will be addressed in an upcoming release. In the meantime, I would suggest setting the search "Context" option to All (under the search options view) and use the up and down arrows in the bottom toolbar to move between the search results.

Scott.

Often after switching from the search mode back to read mode (usung custom search range - just the Gospels) and then tapping search icon again causes Accordance 1.2 for iOS to crash...

Often after switching from the search mode back to read mode (usung custom search range - just the Gospels) and then tapping search icon again causes Accordance 1.2 for iOS to crash...

A little more information would be helpful, of course.

Text being searched?

Word or verse search? And example texts of the searrch?

Context settings for the search?

Default search mode setting in the Search preferences?

Thanks,

Scott.

Text being searched: Sabbath

Search mode: words

Range: Gospels

Context: Default

Default search mode in search preferences: Verse

By the way when i perform search and switch back to the reading mode, those navigation buttons at the bottom toolbar don't become active...

Text being searched: Sabbath

Search mode: words

Range: Gospels

Context: Default

Default search mode in search preferences: Verse

By the way when i perform search and switch back to the reading mode, those navigation buttons at the bottom toolbar don't become active...

Thanks. I'll use those settings to see if I can reproduce the issue.

The up/down arrows in the bottom toolbar dim, of course, because when you switch back to reading mode, there are no more search results to navigate.

Scott.

Thanks. I'll use those settings to see if I can reproduce the issue.

The up/down arrows in the bottom toolbar dim, of course, because when you switch back to reading mode, there are no more search results to navigate.

Scott.

But they are inactive even when I do have search results

But they are inactive even when I do have search results

These arrows are equivalent to the "Mark" arrows that appear in Accordance for Mac. THey are only available on Mac (or enabled on iOS) if you have search results and have set the Context mode to "All". Then each verse reference gets bookmarked and the Mark arrows are used to navigate between the search hits with the context of the full text of the module.

Scott.

OK, finally understood. The problem why I didn't see those buttons active was that every time I performed new search, its options were automatically reset to the default settings (Add Context: none). Is this correct behavior? I thought they should be preserved until I reset search options.

OK, finally understood. The problem why I didn't see those buttons active was that every time I performed new search, its options were automatically reset to the default settings (Add Context: none). Is this correct behavior? I thought they should be preserved until I reset search options.

Currently, returning to Reading mode resets all the active search options including Range, Context, mode, etc. to their default values. I plan to add setting Context as one of the default search preferences in the next release. (This is one of my complaints also.)

Scott.

Archived