Spirit-Filled Life Study Bible

Bobblehead Joe

Please add the Spirit-Filled Life Study Bible for Accordance! I love Accordance, but the fact that is available for Libronix is almost enough for me to switch over to Logos since I use my print version nearly every day. I know there were some other people asking about this awhile back too.

A resounding "Yes!"

There are commentary insights, word studies and more that are unique to this project. It would be a big joy to have its perspective as part of Accordance.

I too would like to see more Pentecostal/charismatic resources available in Accordance, including the Life in the Spirit Commentary on the NT. I am pleased that Grudem is available though.

I asked about this a long time ago. It is an excellent study Bible. In the Logos package, it was part of a bundle that included some other works by Jack Hayford.

I asked about this a long time ago. It is an excellent study Bible. In the Logos package, it was part of a bundle that included some other works by Jack Hayford.

Seeing your post is what got me thinking about this again. I own 2 Spirit-Filled Life Study Bibles at home (1 KJV, 1 NKJV) and would like to use Accordance for ALL of my Bible study. This Bible is so good though I don't see that happening until this module is made available.

I agree, this is one of the best Study Bibles available. It's one reason why I use TWO Bible programs. But, like everyone else, I would prefer to have ALL my modules in Accordance. Unfortunately, that's not possible yet.

I agree, this is one of the best Study Bibles available. It's one reason why I use TWO Bible programs. But, like everyone else, I would prefer to have ALL my modules in Accordance. Unfortunately, that's not possible yet.

yeah, maybe getting all my stuff in one program will never happen... but it would be SWEET if I could. Pretty please, Accordance people? :D

I'd even take the time to format it as a user tool if I could find the text somewhere online... I don't care if I have to buy an ebook, I just REALLY want this as a module in Accordance!

I agree, this is one of the best Study Bibles available.

Is the "New" Spirit-Filled Life Study Bible what you are referring to? I noticed the "new" is edited by Dennis Rainey, not Jack Hayford, though it looks like the latter still contributes. No promises, but we're at least researching this much. :)

Sorry for slow response, we're hard at work on new modules! ;)

Is the "New" Spirit-Filled Life Study Bible what you are referring to? I noticed the "new" is edited by Dennis Rainey, not Jack Hayford, though it looks like the latter still contributes.

My opinion is the original Spirit-Filled Life Study Bible is better, but they are both awesome and would be Accordance's biggest fan if you could get either of these!

Is the "New" Spirit-Filled Life Study Bible what you are referring to? I noticed the "new" is edited by Dennis Rainey, not Jack Hayford, though it looks like the latter still contributes. No promises, but we're at least researching this much. :)

The Spirit Filled Life Bible was copyrighted in 1991 by Thomas Nelson. The General Editor is Jack Hayford with an OT Editor, NT Editor & Asst. Editor.

The NEW Spirit Filled Life Bible was copyrighted in 2002 by Thomas Nelson. The Executive Editor is listed as Jack Hayford with an two Associate Editors, two OT Editors and two NT Editors. All of the editors are different from the originals except for Jack Hayford. Dennis Rainey is not listed among the editors of either of these.

Rick, I'm not sure where you're getting your information from about Dennis Rainey, but I'm holding my copy of the NEW Spirit Filled Life Bible in my hands and his name is no where to be found.

The version in Logos is the original Spirit Filled Life Bible, NOT the new one. As far as I know, there is not an electronic version available for the NEW version.

Edited by DanG

Rick, I'm not sure where you're getting your information from about Dennis Rainey, but I'm holding my copy of the NEW Spirit Filled Life Bible in my hands and his name is no where to be found.

The almighty Amazon.com ;-) Thanks for the details.

No promises, but we're at least researching this much. :)

BTW, I think it's awesome that you are looking into this so soon after requesting it - makes me even happier that I went with Accordance to have such a responsive support team!

Now if we could just get the Spirit-Filled Life Study Bible, things would be perfect! :D

The almighty Amazon.com ;-) Thanks for the details.

Here's the original: www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0840718004

And the NEW one: www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0785258809

Amazon's page for the NEW version does, indeed, list Dennis Rainey as the author. However, this is inaccurate.

This is my everyday, faithful hard copy bible and I'm pleased to say it's had such good use the leather is fraying and many pages are looking tatty. I would love to see this as an Accordance module, and how about adding the NKJV as a tagged text.

This is my everyday, faithful hard copy bible and I'm pleased to say it's had such good use the leather is fraying and many pages are looking tatty. I would love to see this as an Accordance module, and how about adding the NKJV as a tagged text.

A big "I agree" to both because by SFLB is getting worn out too! (And weighs more than my laptop!

I too would like to see more Pentecostal/charismatic resources available in Accordance, including the Life in the Spirit Commentary on the NT. I am pleased that Grudem is available though.

I'm with Dr. J on this request, the Life in the Spirit Commentary would be a welcome addition.

Add my vote to the Spirit Filled Life Bible and some other great resources such as the Systematic Theology by Logion Press (I believed the Assemblies of God put this out) and is currently in electronic format on a couple of PC Bible Software programs. Also there are some other resources from their publishing company.

any word yet on whether this is a possibility or not?

It is too soon to tell. The thread, and subsequent request, was only submitted 6 days ago! :)

It is too soon to tell. The thread, and subsequent request, was only submitted 6 days ago! :)

ok, sorry, guess I'm just anxious... not really sure how the whole process works, and I got excited when you said you were looking into it last week.

ok, sorry, guess I'm just anxious... not really sure how the whole process works, and I got excited when you said you were looking into it last week.

I apologize for creating any false hope. That is why I prefaced my initial reply with the statement that we are not making any promises on this. The process from request to actual release of a module varies greatly depending on a number of factors.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I see this is an old thread, but I also have the Spirit Filled Life Bible as my main (worn) Bible, and love it.

I am doing a study of Gal 3:5, where it talks about the Spirit who 'works miracles among you'. We're praying for a girl (college-age) in our church whose life is threatened, who has been to doctors for 4 years, but is down to 85 lbs.

Are there any charismatic commentaries?

It was interesting that a search in the forum on 'charismatic commentaries' led to this - the only thread.

Friends at Accordance, the battle is getting fierce. We need more than reformed theology.

(no offense!)

Regards,

Paul

We're still working on getting some Thomas Nelson resources, but it's taking time. We are however, close to finalizing terms for the Fire Bible and hope to have it available before too long.

As far as other commentaries, we are definitely interested in this market. If you have a particular set in mind, let us know and we'll look into details (publisher, rights, available e-text, etc.).

Huh. Personally, I'd like to see more Accordance modules that meet the needs of progressive/liberal students and pastors. For example...

Old Testament Library commentary volumes

New Testament Library commentary volumes

The New Interpreter's Bible (commentary)

The New Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible

Black's New Testament Commentary volumes

HarperCollins Bible Dictionary (revised and updated)

New Oxford Annotated Bible study notes

I often recommend the New Oxford Annotated Bible and the HarperCollins Bible Dictionary as the starting point for Bible study. When I'm asked if these are available digitally instead of in book form, sadly, I have to tell people "no."

Edited by AdamR