Amplifying to current wordspace

circuitrider

I have a workspace with my favorite modules in several tabs set up, I call it Bible Study Home. This workspace saved in my favorites.

I do not want to tie all of the tabs together. When I am within Bible Study Home and I amplify to Bible Study Home by right clicking and selecting it from the menu, a new Bible Study Home workspace opens.

My question is this: Is it possible while in a specific workspace to amplify to that same workspace without it opening new window? Something like a recycle of the workspace.

I can see the benefit of a new window opening and or tying windows at times, however I am interested to know if the above scenario is possible.

I think that when you amplify to Favorites it always opens a new workspace, even if all the tabs are recycled. There is no ability to recycle a workspace at present, just individual tabs.

Okay, thanks for the reply.

Perhaps this could become a new feature?

We are revamping the interface now, and need to look at how favorites will continue to function, so yes, we'll consider this.

I tested this, and in fact if you set all the tabs to recycle (click on the dimmed icon in the top right) and resave the workspace, it will be reused when you amplify to it. So I was wrong, and this feature is already implemented nicely.

Helen,

I set all of my tabs to recycle, saved the workspace and then amplified from the right-click menu to the same workspace and a new window is still opening. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

So you are right-clicking on the Favorites icon to amplify to it?

Right-click on any icons in the resource palette forces it to open a new window. Try selecting it by left-clicking (last one) on the icon to amplify to your last selection, or left-click and hold to pick it specifically.

Hello Joel!

What I am doing to amplify within a Biblical text is right-clicking, navigating to Favorites and choosing my workspace.

Does it work if you select the text, then amplify from the resource palette?

If you are selecting the word in one of the tabs of the favorite workspace, it will open another, because Accordance never amplifies to itself. However you amplify, it never searches the window in which you make the selection, but always opens a new window. I don't see a way around this, except to have two copies of the same favorites open and Accordance will switch between them.

I tested this, and in fact if you set all the tabs to recycle (click on the dimmed icon in the top right) and resave the workspace, it will be reused when you amplify to it. So I was wrong, and this feature is already implemented nicely.

What method were you using to amplify to get his result?

Thanks for the help.

To successfully recycle the favorites I was amplifying from another window outside the favorite workspace.

Archived