Bookmarks for Scripture references

Mark Copeland

New to Accordance...

Much of the time I need to quickly navigate between certain passages. For example, I might be in the process of developing three expository sermons at the same time: one in Psalms, one in Amos, and one in Matthew. With other Bible programs, I could set a number of bookmarks that I could use to jump back and forth between specific passages.

Does Accordance allow me to set bookmarks for scripture references? (without saving as a workspace, of course).

Thanks!

Mark

Just Option-click on the verse you want to bookmark, and you'll see the bookmark appear on the right. Just use the Mark buttons at the bottom to jump between them.

Just Option-click on the verse you want to bookmark, and you'll see the bookmark appear on the right. Just use the Mark buttons at the bottom to jump between them.

That will work. Thanks, Joel!

Uh,oh...are bookmarks not saved between sessions?

Bookmarks are not (at least not currently) saved between sessions, as far as I know.

Here are a couple of alternatives:

-Make a Reference List with the passage(s) you are working on and save it.

-Create separate tabs (or windows) for each sermon you are working on; the tabs can either be search tabs or text tabs.

Personally I would find the latter option much easier to work with than moving back and forth between three or more passages in one window, but not everyone works in the same way.

Lorinda

Bookmarks are not (at least not currently) saved between sessions, as far as I know.

Here are a couple of alternatives:

-Make a Reference List with the passage(s) you are working on and save it.

-Create separate tabs (or windows) for each sermon you are working on; the tabs can either be search tabs or text tabs.

Personally I would find the latter option much easier to work with than moving back and forth between three or more passages in one window, but not everyone works in the same way.

Lorinda

Thank you, Lorinda. For now I plan to just have a different workspace for each sermon or class I am working on at the time.

Mark

Archived