Getting Bibleworks GK Font to work in Word for Mac

Karyn Traphagen

I know this is sort of not fair to be talking about Bibleworks here... but the issue is that I need to use the Bibleworks FONTS in my documents for school. I had it all set up ok, then my computer hard disk got damaged and replaced. In trying to setup my computer again I installed the Bwgrkl font (and the hebrew one too)... they show up in my list of fonts in Word, but they don't display!!

I am in the middle of studying for exams and all my notes are now full of gibberish! I either need to figure out a way to get these fonts to work (I'm running Tiger now, so I don't know if that affected the issue). The alternative is to get a font that maps exactly the same and do a replace.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Karyn

I installed the Bwgrkl font (and the hebrew one too)... they show up in my list of fonts in Word, but they don't display!!

Make sure they are placed in both fonts folders and you should be fine. If my mind serves me right, what you're describing happens when the fonts aren't placed in the right folder. I can't confirm it right now, but I think that's what it is.

Hope this helps.

I'm embarrassed! I discovered that I had installed the Mac fonts instead of the PC fonts (apparently the Mac fonts don't work in OS X and you need to use the PC fonts). I must have forgotten that from the last time. Now all is well and now the Greek really is "Greek to me."

Thanks!

Karyn

Archived