email notices and mark all as read

R. Mansfield

I like the look of the new forums. Very clean and modern looking.

I noticed that I was no longer getting emails about new posts, so I went in and re-subscribed to all forums.

However, I also noticed that I'm not getting emails to threads I've posted in when someone adds a reply. According to my settings, I should receive any such replies via email, and it's set to send them immediately.

Also, after clicking on the "View New Content" link, there doesn't seem to be a "Mark all as read" option like there used to be.

Regarding the last issue above, I found the link at the bottom of View New Content that says "Mark Community Read."

I'm not getting email notifications either. They seemed to be working (after I resubscribed to the forums I follow), but there are several recent additions to these forums of which I haven't received notice. My suspicion is that I get a notification for a new post, but not for follow ups.

Another way to mark a forum as read is to go to the main forum window, click the text balloon with the quotes inside it to turn it grey... it has now marked that entire forum category as read.

I went down the list checking the email box on each row. I bet that fixes the problem.

Have you all tried going here: http://www.accordanc...a=notifications and then check the appropriate box in the "notification method to use" section (First 3 options). Screen shot 2011-12-13 at 4.41.23 PM.png Also, be sure to click "save" on the bottom.

Archived