checkmarked text vs. non-checkmarked text

Ken Han

This is just more a curiosity than anything, but in the first screenshot below you will see a check mark next to the currently opened text, BHS-W4. In the second screenshot there is no check mark next to the currently opened text, BHS-T. Why is this? I've seen this time to time and I don't know what makes the difference.

Edited by rev.ken.han

My guess is that it is because you had selected BHS-W4 from the menu there, but the BHS-T was loaded some other way (key combo, new document, changing the search text, etc.). By the way, off topic but, any reason you are still using the BHS-W4 instead of HMT-W4?

Joel, I have seen this question asked several times as I have the BHS-W4 and the GNT-T. Are there updates to newer resources and if so, how do I get them?

The BHS-W4 has been replaced by the almost identical HMT-W4, which is either available on your account already, or available as a free upgrade order. The GNT-T is still the latest for Greek.

My guess is that it is because you had selected BHS-W4 from the menu there, but the BHS-T was loaded some other way (key combo, new document, changing the search text, etc.). By the way, off topic but, any reason you are still using the BHS-W4 instead of HMT-W4?

No particular reason, although I'm not entirely clear what is the difference between BHS-W4 and HMT-W4. The OP screenshots were taken while reporting tagging errors in BHS-T, and I just opened a tagged Hebrew text for comparison.

The HMT-W4 includes the latest tagging corrections from the Groves Institute, and will continue to be updated periodically. The syntax files will be updated and added to for the HMT-W4. These are both free upgrades for those who have the BHS equivalents.

• Like 1

The other notable difference is that the HMT-W4 follows the Leningrad codex book order, rather than the BHS book order. Primarily this means that 1st and 2nd Chronicles occur after Malachi and before Psalms, rather than at the end.

• Like 1

Joel, I have seen this question asked several times as I have the BHS-W4 and the GNT-T. Are there updates to newer resources and if so, how do I get them?

As I recall, to get the free upgrade from BHS-W4 to HMT-W4, one had to add it you your cart while signed into your Accordance account (main website) and "buy it" (the price is $0.00). You purchase it for that price and it subsequently appears in Easy Install.