6.7 CPU Hog?

J_Hancock

Has anyone else had a problem with Accordance 6.7 hogging the CPU? If I run 6.7 on my Power Book with more than one tab open, it maxes out the processor and causes my laptop to run really hot. :(

I had already notice a little bit more fan use under Tiger, but I had not had any previous problems with Accordnace under Tiger, except the font issue, which was quickly resolved. This CPU issue only started happening with 6.7.

Anyway, in case this is of interest, my specs are:

12" PB G4

1.3 Ghz

1.25 GB RAM

I usually only have TextEdit and Mail open at the same time as Accordance, although this CPU issue happens even if Accordance is running by itself. Again, it usually only happens if I have more than one tab, or if I perform more than one search within a tab.

If anyone can help me get this resolved, that would be great. I want to be able to have Accordance available for use in the classroom, but if it keeps maxing out the CPU, I don't think my battery will last more than one class period.

Has anyone else had a problem with Accordance 6.7 hogging the CPU? If I run 6.7 on my Power Book with more than one tab open, it maxes out the processor and causes my laptop to run really hot. This CPU issue only started happening with 6.7.

For now, try turning off Quartz text and graphics rendering by selecting Preferences and then the Appearance pane. Some users (including me) are experiencing slowdowns with Quartz. For now I have opted to use Unsanity's Silk for quartz text rendering, but I anxiously await the bug-fix. Hope this helps.

We're up and running with Accordance 6.8. Looks like the quartz text and graphics rendering bugs have been squashed. Snappy performance switching between tabs and windows and CPU load is minimal. Thanks Helen and Accordance team - excellent work. ;)

Best regards,

Ron Webber

Archived