Replacing Search Ranges...

kantlitz

I recently upgraded from Accordance 8 to Accordance 10 on a new Macbook Pro with OSX Maverick. I'm trying to replace the standard search ranges with the custom search range file here: http://www.accordancefiles1.com/exchange/highlights.htm. I downloaded the .sit file and "unstuffed it." The unstuffed file is in my folder "Accordance Files."

The issue I'm having is actually getting those new search ranges to appear in my Accordance app. Any suggestions on how to install the search ranges?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin – The Search Ranges need to go here:

User > Library (use the Go Menu in Finder with the Option Key held down) > Application Support > Accordance > Accordance Preferences. If you drop it in there, tell your Mac to overwrite the old one.

Thanks, Julie. I just followed these steps and drag/dropped the 'Search Ranges' file into the Accordance Preferences folder. There was no Search Ranges file in the folder to be replaced. I restarted Accordance and nothing changed... perhaps I did something wrong?

Wrong Accordance Preferences, you need the one in User/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. The other is a master set of preferences of installed modules etc., but not your personal preferences.

And of course in the AppStore version it's all sandboxed anyway, so don't bother looking.