Multiple verse highlighting in 1.7.7

Wes Allen

In 1.7.7 attempting to highlight multiple verses causes a crash on my iPad Air. On my iPhone 5s it works as expected. Just though I'd let you know (and I'll uninstall/reinstall to see if it fixes the problem).

UPDATE: a re-install did not help.

Edited by Wes Allen

Wes, it's a known issue that is going to be corrected very soon in 1.7.8.

I just installed v 1.7.8 and now I'm unable to high light individual word or words. I can high light an entire verse, but not a single word or multiple words. When I select the high light button nothing happens, the menu just closes.

Well, Scott has confirmed it, which means he'll be able to root out the bug, so I'm not sure if this is helpful, but....

I can get an individual word to highlight, using NIV (1984) and Zondervan Atlas as test cases (1.7.8 on iPhone 5c). However, some individual words within NIV don't highlight when I hold-tap (long-tap) them--they go instead to my top English dictionary with a pop-over.

Got it. I looked more closely at the pop-over and see the highlighting option is still there. Surely I'm seeing something working as expected. Just goes to show how much I use English dictionaries in iOS, I guess.

The issue is only on my iPad Air. After installing the 1.7.8 upgrade on my iPhone 6, the highlighting option still works correctly.