Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:34 PM

Dr. J deliberately mixes up the topics and levels of the podcasts for variety. Now that we have over 40 to choose from, we decided to offer a recommended sequence for the new user or the new viewer, starting with the basics and progressing to the more advanced topics. We trust you will find it helpful.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#2 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

Question... the podcasts are so good that I have consistently downloaded them and kept them on my hard drive. I've even used them to show other people how to use Accordance. But now that we have so many, I'm tempted to delete them, freeing up hard drive space with the assumption that they will remain available for the foreseeable future. Is that a correct assumption?

I ask this because I have noticed a tendency on the internet for some podcasters to eventually clear out older podcasts, deleting them and removing any access to them. Since there is now a recommended viewing (I'll be happy to share this with others, too) I feel confident that the older podcasts will remain available as long as they are relevant.

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for running Accordance:

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2013 8" Dell Venue 8 Pro - 1.33 Ghz Atom, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

2014 iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB, Verizon

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, Verizon

#3 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,048 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

Question... the podcasts are so good that I have consistently downloaded them and kept them on my hard drive. I've even used them to show other people how to use Accordance. But now that we have so many, I'm tempted to delete them, freeing up hard drive space with the assumption that they will remain available for the foreseeable future. Is that a correct assumption?

I ask this because I have noticed a tendency on the internet for some podcasters to eventually clear out older podcasts, deleting them and removing any access to them. Since there is now a recommended viewing (I'll be happy to share this with others, too) I feel confident that the older podcasts will remain available as long as they are relevant.

Space is not currently an issue. I'd be surprised if they were removed anytime soon. If we do plan to remove them, we'll warn people first so they can make backups first, but I'd be surprised if this comes up.
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#4 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

Space is not currently an issue. I'd be surprised if they were removed anytime soon. If we do plan to remove them, we'll warn people first so they can make backups first, but I'd be surprised if this comes up.

I deleted them and the training video files and gained back over five gigabytes of hard drive space. Yes, please be sure to warn if you ever start deleting them from the website.

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for running Accordance:

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2013 8" Dell Venue 8 Pro - 1.33 Ghz Atom, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

2014 iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB, Verizon

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, Verizon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users