Basics of Biblical Greek

danzac

Is OakTree planning on updating Wallace's "Basics of Biblical Greek" to the 3rd edition? Thought I better ask before I buy from Amazon, cause I'd rather have it on Accordance.

Thanks for asking. We are working on it right now.

great! when can we expect it?

great! when can we expect it?

Just to clarify, we're talking about Mounce, not Wallace. Can't give a date yet, as we're working with the author on some enhanced features for the electronic version that may take a bit of time to implement. But, it's coming along nicely.

Just to clarify, we're talking about Mounce, not Wallace. Can't give a date yet, as we're working with the author on some enhanced features for the electronic version that may take a bit of time to implement. But, it's coming along nicely.

Best news I heard all day.

Right, sorry about that :-)

• 3 months later...

I'm using the 2nd edition (from the Zondervan CD) and have noticed a few typos here and there which may not be worth correcting since the 3rd edition is coming. So, I was wondering if there will be an upgrade option when the new edition is released?

I'm using the 2nd edition (from the Zondervan CD) and have noticed a few typos here and there which may not be worth correcting since the 3rd edition is coming. So, I was wondering if there will be an upgrade option when the new edition is released?

Not sure what the licensing terms are for upgrades; I imagine it will be a new purchase, but could be wrong. We are completely re-developing it from scratch, which for a grammar involves a significant investment of development resources. This also means no need to send any typos. I think you'll be happy with the finished product, though. :)

Not sure what the licensing terms are for upgrades; I imagine it will be a new purchase, but could be wrong. We are completely re-developing it from scratch, which for a grammar involves a significant investment of development resources. This also means no need to send any typos. I think you'll be happy with the finished product, though. :)

Understood. Thanks for the quick reply!

Jonathan

• 5 months later...

I noticed that the 3rd edition is now available, but I don't see an option to upgrade from the 2nd edition. Does that mean that the decision was make the new edition a new purchase?

I noticed that the 3rd edition is now available, but I don't see an option to upgrade from the 2nd edition. Does that mean that the decision was make the new edition a new purchase?

There is not an upgrade path. As expected this required a massive amount of work by more than one person to complete. We consulted with Mounce in each step of the project, and have worked hard to create some significant value-added content within it. More details to follow on the blog, etc. (and the install process is actually being finalized as I type so you cannot install it quite yet). In sum, we have created an entirely new module type (the first of more in this trajectory) creating an edition of this grammar that exists nowhere else. :)

If you can't tell, the Greek-geek in me is really excited about this. We hope you enjoy the many, many hours of hard work that went into it.

Rick

The product details for the third edition say:

"This module is not yet available for Easy Install. There is now an OS X installer, it requires Accordance 9.5."

Does this mean it is available to buy and the installer can then be downloaded or is a disk required?

Just checking because as I live in the UK it is a bit more expensive to have a disk sent out.

Regards

Steve

A separate installer can be downloaded specifically for this product. No shipping necessary.

Archived