I/O error #-43

Greg Terry

Lately I have been getting this I/O error when starting Accordance if it is not already in memory or while syncing via WiFi with my desktop. The entire message is:

I/O error #-43 in the file "/private/var/mobile/application"

I was going to upload a screen capture but didn't seem to be able to do that from my iPod.

I have tried:

reseting the 3 items in the system prefs for Accordance

Powering off my iPod and turning it back on

Deleting Accordance and reinstalling

All to no avail. If I press the 'OK' button, it seems to work OK until I sync or start the app without it being running in the background.

I am running v 1.42 of the iOS app. My OS is 5.1

The device is a 4th generation IPod touch with 32gb of memory about 10gb is free.

Any ideas how this can be fixed ?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Edited by Greg Terry

That's weird. -43 is a "file not found" error. Does it prevent you from actually syncing?

My guess is that somehow there is a module that iAccord thinks is installed (and shows up in the Library view), but may not actually be installed. An interesting exercise would be to go through your Library systematically and try and open each module listed. If you find one, then I would try to delete it from the Library view.

Scott.

It seems to sync normally but I get the error message once or twice during the sync process or immediately after the sync

I will try opening the files when I have a chance but it will take a while. My library is pretty large.

Scott:

I tracked this one down. I had made a User Tool and a User Note with the same name and that was what caused the problem. Thanks for the direction in figuring this out. I am glad it was something I had done; the program is rock solid. really appreciate the progress it has made and the hard work you and the others put in to it.

Edited by Greg Terry

• 11 years later...

Did this ever resolve for you? Someone else is having a similar issue, and we're trying to see if we can reproduce what is causing it.