How Do you Activate Syntax???

Enoch

Greetings,

I just upgraded Accordance to version 9 & bought the Accordance Syntax add-on, but I can't see any Syntax. The instructions say: "Select the desired syntax database to display from the Add Syntax Pane button on the right of the search window."

Well, there is no such button to the right of my search window. To the right of my search window there is just a blue circle with a sort of Q in it; nothing else.

You should have an icon next to your note icon in the pop-up-menu bar, which looks something like this:

Have you downloaded the Syntax files via Easy Install? After you do that, there should be a fourth Add button on the right edge of the search tab. In that menu you can select GNT-T or BHS-W4 syntax. These open a display pane beside the text.

I have not idea what the "pop-up-menu bar" is.

On my Accordance screen I have these (screen eating up) menu bars from top down:

1. Mac Bar with the Apple, "Accordance," etc.

2. The Traffic light bar which also says, "Workspace"

3. An entire (space wasting) bar that says only "GNT-T"

4. Then the redundant bar that says GNT-T with pull down menu available, then the oval with Words & Verses for selection & at the right end a green do-hickey

5.Then the long search window, which right now says "John" with at extreme right a blue circle with a sort of Q in it

6. Then a bar that says "Verse 3 of 678", a slider bar for which I don't know the purpose, a faded little box with a diagonal line (left up is white, right down is faded blue). Over at the right side there is a box to check for compare texts, followed by 4 icons: 1) switch panes (pains?), 2) Add 3) a Blue book, and 4) a piece of paper with a pencil on it.

They ain't nothin that says "pop-up-menu bar."

I see no trace of Syntax.

Have you downloaded the Syntax files via Easy Install? After you do that, there should be a fourth Add button on the right edge of the search tab. In that menu you can select GNT-T or BHS-W4 syntax. These open a display pane beside the text.

Sorry, but I don't see any search tab. There is a search window.

I went to the seminar, and supposedly they upgraded my computer. Thus far I have seen nothing easy about installing.

Please contact me directly (or send a personal message) to arrange a personal tutorial via screensharing. That way I can check that Syntax and everything else is properly installed, and show you how to open it. You will need to be connected on Skype or iChat.

Sorry, but I don't see any search tab. There is a search window.

I went to the seminar, and supposedly they upgraded my computer. Thus far I have seen nothing easy about installing.

Enoch, sorry you are having some difficulties in finding the syntax charts. Did you look at my screen shot I posted? According to the Accordance Manual, the "pop-up-menu" (see pg. 4

Thanks for the offer of personal attention; very considerate of you.

I looked in "Account: My Products," and I note that Syntax is not listed, though I bought it on Monday at the seminar in Dallas.

Can you make it appear there so I can download it myself. I thought I had rather try that first.

OK, I added it but it should have installed with your Unlock All. That's why I need to look at it.

Archived