Suggested Sequence for Podcast Viewing

Helen Brown

Dr. J deliberately mixes up the topics and levels of the podcasts for variety. Now that we have over 40 to choose from, we decided to offer a recommended sequence for the new user or the new viewer, starting with the basics and progressing to the more advanced topics. We trust you will find it helpful.

Question... the podcasts are so good that I have consistently downloaded them and kept them on my hard drive. I've even used them to show other people how to use Accordance. But now that we have so many, I'm tempted to delete them, freeing up hard drive space with the assumption that they will remain available for the foreseeable future. Is that a correct assumption?

I ask this because I have noticed a tendency on the internet for some podcasters to eventually clear out older podcasts, deleting them and removing any access to them. Since there is now a recommended viewing (I'll be happy to share this with others, too) I feel confident that the older podcasts will remain available as long as they are relevant.

Question... the podcasts are so good that I have consistently downloaded them and kept them on my hard drive. I've even used them to show other people how to use Accordance. But now that we have so many, I'm tempted to delete them, freeing up hard drive space with the assumption that they will remain available for the foreseeable future. Is that a correct assumption?

I ask this because I have noticed a tendency on the internet for some podcasters to eventually clear out older podcasts, deleting them and removing any access to them. Since there is now a recommended viewing (I'll be happy to share this with others, too) I feel confident that the older podcasts will remain available as long as they are relevant.

Space is not currently an issue. I'd be surprised if they were removed anytime soon. If we do plan to remove them, we'll warn people first so they can make backups first, but I'd be surprised if this comes up.

Space is not currently an issue. I'd be surprised if they were removed anytime soon. If we do plan to remove them, we'll warn people first so they can make backups first, but I'd be surprised if this comes up.

I deleted them and the training video files and gained back over five gigabytes of hard drive space. Yes, please be sure to warn if you ever start deleting them from the website.

• 8 years later...

The link at the top of this thread appears to be broken.

The link at the top of this thread appears to be broken.

Wow. That link is almost 9 years old.

Try this one.

• 1 year later...

I actually miss this resource and this one (the "Start Here" page); would the staff be able to bring those both back? Whenever I introduced friends/colleagues to Accordance, those two webpages were among the first places I sent them to next.

• Like 3

I found them very helpful too

I actually miss this resource and this one (the "Start Here" page); would the staff be able to bring those both back? Whenever I introduced friends/colleagues to Accordance, those two webpages were among the first places I sent them to next.

We're working on equitable solutions.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We're working on equitable solutions.

Thank you Richard!

• Dr. Nathan Parker unpinned this topic