Auto-Scroll Nearly Perfect

Mick Matousek

The Accordance 10.0.2 feature of Auto Scroll is great. It is nearly perfect.

What is lacking is expanded user friendly speed control. Three speed settings in the preferences just doesn't cut it. Compare Auto Scroll to the Speech speed slider control.

Reading material can be difficult or easy; and this can change from paragraph to page. I am hoping for a new slider control for speed control so that nearly infinite control is possible. I'd like the control to be a live control so that it could be adjusted anytime while reading during Auto Scroll without stopping the scrolling. A keyboard combination ONLY operable during Auto Scroll would be ideal, '+' and '-' come to mind. So while reading during Auto Scroll one could easily adjust the scrolling speed (Not COMMAND plus '+', just the '+' keystroke and only operative while Auto Scroll is functioning)

Second, the ability to pause and restart the Auto Scroll easily, like a QuickTime movie. Press on the space bar to stop, press on the space bar to restart (this keyboard action ONLY operative during Auto Scroll). I do like the space bar paging action while in regular text (non Auto Scroll text) workspaces, so don't change that. While reading during Auto Scroll, a textual difficulty may arise prompting a need to temporarily pause the Auto Scroll to further study that section. Finding the mouse, the correct menu, then clicking in the right spot of the menu is a major disruptive action while reading during Auto Scroll.

Third, it would be helpful to know the projected time that the Auto Scroll context would finish. Perhaps, I have an hour to read, but I've picked the Gospel of Mark 1-8 for a reading context. It'd be exceptional to receive feedback that this reading will exceed one hour at the rate of Auto Scroll I'm using so that I could change the context or the scrolling speed. Basic computer math to project the finish time.

Fourth, if an Auto Scroll text could be book marked or remember its place so that re-opening that workspace would reopen to the place where Auto Scroll left off, that would save much time. It might also fulfill some of the chronological reading needs.

Lastly, with the capability of original languages and interlinear texts with Auto Scroll, Accordance now has the electronic equivalent of Greek-English readers using any combination of Greek or English texts, or even a Hebrew-English reader, additionally the capability to possibly improve reading and comprehension by incrementally increasing the Auto Scroll pace. Bravo!