Highlight feature for User Tools

Ramiro

I noticed after importing a document into the User Tools, that the highlighting feature available for Bibles is not available for User Tools, unless I am missing something. It would be nice to have the feature available such that color coding references between the scriptures and other documents in the User Tools would be a great advantage. Hopefully this can get incorporated in an upcoming release.

I don't think this is feasible since every time the tool is edited, it would throw off the highlighting. This can already be a problem with highlighting of our Tools modules, when the module is updated or corrected. The highlighting of a user tool that can be edited at any time would quickly become useless.

Hi Helen, thanx for replying. I guess since I am new to Accordance, I don't know the extent of how the user tools are used by others. I was thinking that user tools, once imported won't change much, but again, that is only from my perspective of importing commentaries and other documents that technically would never change.

Is it possible to add some kind of reference, like a bookmark to a user tool, that can then be used in User notes or similar. For example, say I want to link a biblical passage about baptism to commentaries or other documents that support baptism. That way when the biblical passage is used, there is some way to see that there are notes, bookmarks, etc. for that passage, but they are links that can be clicked, or somehow displayed when that passage is either searched or read.

• 3 months later...

In fact, I am a bit astonished to know that I cannot use the highlight functions of accordance in any of those imported user tools....It would really be an excellent function........

but of course there might be a lot of difficulties behind.......

YingLam

Archived