Commentary on NT use of OT

davesalyer

If this has already been requested I was unable to find it.

The request is for the Commentary on the New Testament use of the Old Testament, eds. Beale and Carson.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

If this has already been requested I was unable to find it.

The request is for the Commentary on the New Testament use of the Old Testament, eds. Beale and Carson.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Agreed. This is a very good resource, and it would be really nice to see it as one of the parallel text modules in Accordance.

Rick,

Wouldn't this be more of a reference tool? From what I saw of this book at SBL, it is not just a parallel arrangement of OT and NT passages, but a commentary on how the OT is being used in various NT passages. I agree this would be well worth having.

David is right. It is just a commentary on the NT books that focuses on quotes, allusions, and references to the OT and why the authors are using those particular quotes. It's organized by the NT but of course is a good tool for pastors preaching on an OT text and wanting to see how later revelation makes use of it. Each book is handled by a different scholar. It's a useful tool that is a little big to throw in your backpack!

Yes. You're both correct.

I wasn't thinking straight--not the first time :rolleyes:

Archived