Four years and still going strong: thanks Accordance

Chuck Schneider

One more week and I'll have been using Accordance for four whole years. When I include the iOS app, I have used Accordance nearly every single day since I made my first purchase. There were a few days in there, though, when I had to resort to paper texts and "tools" because it was unavoidable. :)

Using your software has, over time, ignited in me such an interest and an appreciation for the Scriptures that I've never experienced before. This fascination just grows and grows with time.

Thank you Accordance: your software has transformed my daily Bible study and devotionals in such a tremendously fulfilling way. I'm deeply grateful.

• Like 4

I have been using Accordance just a little over four years. The learning curve was sorta steep at the beginning but now everything seems perfectly logical. There are so many areas where I appreciate Accordance:

1. It has made me a better student of the Scriptures with a desire to dig deeper because I can.

2. It has also provided me with a wide range of tools that can be used efficiently.

3. It is so versatile that it can be used in the study preparation but also in the classroom.

4. It goes with me everywhere on my iPhone and iPad.

5. It has some graphical tools that can easily illustrate topography of the Bible lands.

6. It is affordable and can be expanded.

7. It has features that I am still discovering four years later!

• Like 3

I agree with you both about the way Accordance transforms Bible reading and study.

Realistically, how many people, with a hard copy of the Bible in front of them, take the time to look up the references included? How many will take the time to find out where the place mentioned in the text is located using the maps in the back? And how many will drag out a Bible dictionary to try to figure out who that obscure person is to whom the text is referring? Because all this stuff is very quickly available in Acordance, we don't have to have a huge block of time to pursue all these things. Accordance enables us to make the most of our study and reading time. I've been using it for nearly 10 years and I'm still learning. It's a wonderful and powerful tool. I would give up my dishwasher before I'd give up Accordance (and I really don't particularly love doing dishes).

Thanks for starting the thread, Chuck.

• Like 2

I just can't express to you all just how encouraging posts like this are to us. It is the nature of the software business to sow seed in places where we rarely see the harvest, just as it is in the Kingdom itself. When users like you express their thanks, we are grateful. At the same time, we are reminded of just how many more people may share your feelings, but not think to express it [or have a way to].

Thanks for taking time from your busy schedules to encourage us. We appreciate it.

• Like 8

I started using Accordance just over a year ago. I inquired about the program as a blogger/reviewer and they have made a (happy) customer out of me.

You know, it's sort of like the college kid away from school who is much more likely to call her or his parents when in trouble, needing something, etc. It doesn't mean he or she loves them any less, but that student may not think to call just to say things are going great.

Same dynamic is at play with the forums, I think. So, yes, I will echo my appreciation for Accordance and how easy it makes studying the Bible (and other texts), preparing sermons, etc.

Thank you!!!

• Like 3

I haven't used Accordance as long as many of you, but I can't imagine being without it now. As a lay teacher of an adult Sunday School class of around 70, I turn to Accordance to assist in weekly lesson preparation. So I too thank you for a fine product. I also commend you on a strong Christian stance.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Well, it's five years now and I still feel the same way. :)

Over the years, I've spent a small fortune on the various tools and texts, but I'm sincerely grateful to Oaktree for this product.

I'm pretty sure that I have not missed a single day of using Accordance this last year. I just love the software and what it has made possible for me.

Thanks again for an inspiring and fascinating year!

• Like 3

Chuck – We've spend spent a small fortune here, too, as we now have two licenses (two desktops, two laptops, two iPads, two iPhones).

The advantages of having Accordance has been made plain to us again this fall. We're auditing a basic Hebrew class at a local Christian college. While the young people are struggling with an online interlinear, we have a better one in Accordance, one that makes all the info readily available without having to leave a starter screen online and then navigate back. Built-in lexicons and grammatical helps. It's wonderful.

I, too, never go a day without using Accordance. No regrets. I've been at it nearly 11 years.

Edited by Julie Falling
  • Like 2

I have been using it since 1994 when it was known as MacBible 3.0.... It has grown into a powerful program and has been a blessing to me for many many years.

-Dan

• Like 1

Clarification:

Accordance never was MacBible. It was developed from scratch with entirely new code, by the same genius who developed ThePerfectWord in the 1980's. Zondervan bought out ThePerfectWord and turned it into MacBible. Accordance was a new independent venture in the early 1990's and owed nothing to MacBible except the experience gained while developing and marketing ThePerfectWord.

• Like 1

I have been using accordance for just over three years when I bought the

Zondervan Essential Bible Study Suite for Macintosh® CD-ROM which included an early version of accordance and quickly upgraded and started using the wonderful iOS version.

I would like to add to Tony's comment and as others have said,

'1. It has made me a better student of the Scriptures with a desire to dig deeper because I can.'

Accordance has not only fuelled the desire but also enables me to follow that desire (supported by webinars, podcasts and forum).

In addition, I have my elibrary with me and so can explore random discussions, such as exploring Mary Magdalene, over coffee after the service and that is priceless!

I must admit to spending more when I first bought it until I discovered you have sales and there are other ways to get discounts (but I have now got WBC at a bargain price as it's something I have been trying to get for many years so a very happy bunny. Not to mention the amount I have saved on additional bookcases and an extension to house my growing library or the reduction in the environmental impact!)

Thank you oak tree and other forum contributors, it has now become one of those tools I don't want to be without.

Edited by ukfraser

I have been a very happy Accordance user since October 2012

And have become even more enthusiastic about Accordance since the Windows version was released.

Keep up the Great work!

I just remember there being upgrades from macBible, but that was most likely a zondervan thing. Needless to say I have been using Accordance a fair bit... I cannot be 100% sure I was using ACC 1.0, but i do remember getting an upgrade from 2 to 3...

-Dan

I just bought Accordance this week. It's like a five year old trying to balance a waiter's tray full of food. It's exhilarating, but I'm not efficient with it at all. I am working my way through podcasts, so I will get more efficient, but just exploring has uncovered quite a few little nuggets in my studies so far.

I'm super excited. Glad to see veteran user's still pumped. I didn't even know about this product until I was doing research for a Bible Software program about a month ago.

Welcome starrman.

When you have worked through the podcasts, investigate the webinar archives, there are even more gems to discover!

http://www.accordancebible.com/Webinar-Archives

;o)

Edit: and there is a webinar programme you can subscribe to so a chance to see live and ask questions. (Archives are good if you can't wait or sleep).

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Welcome starrman.

When you have worked through the podcasts, investigate the webinar archives, there are even more gems to discover!

http://www.accordancebible.com/Webinar-Archives

;o)

There is still so much to discover for me as well - one of these days I'm gonna read every single help file from the "Accordance Help" item..

I think the program is awesome, especially the user tools, but what I really like is the support... from the forums to Dr. J's podcasts, the support is awesome. Even phone support was great when I wanted to upgrade to essentials collection and reduce the price based on modules I had recently purchased earlier but were included in the essentials collection. It's the little things like that which make Accordance awesome. I bought a Mac solely to go to Accordance through the recommendations of peers. Now I love my Mac and Accordance and would not go back to Windows, and I'm a Windows Administrator for my day job.

I've been using Accordance since 2010.

Now, I have been an Accordance user for quite a long time (I am getting, have already gotten, old so, as it was before last week I cannot really remember how long!) I do not use it as much as I could (nowhere near as much as many of you) and perhaps should but I would like to add the following.

I agree with all that has been written so far. Perhaps the following from Ryan Gustason sums up much of what I myself think:

"I think the program is awesome, especially the user tools, but what I really like is the support... from the forums to Dr. J's podcasts, the support is awesome. Even phone support was great"

I would add one thing more and that is the 'community' as a whole. Yes, Helen and the team (Dr J and ALL the others...) and all on the Forum... Then the number of users who because of Accordance and with the help of Skype, have become new and, may I say, close friends.

So, if I may, I finish with the phrase that Randy Cue finishes with "Soli Deo Gloria" - thanks be to G*d and thanks to so many for so much.

Kevin.

• Like 2

I'm sure you heard this before, but let's remind ourselves. Namely, J. S. Bach would always before starting a new musical composition write the initials: J.J. - "Jesu, juva" or "Jesus, help!" And when the work was finished, yet some more (famous) letters: S.D.G. - "Soli Deo Gloloria or "To God alone the Glory!"

My analogy: before tackling yet another project, a new module or whatever the need may be, our dear & faithful People of Accordance are praying: "Jesus, help us!" ... so all of us can say together (dare I say in one accord!): "To God be the Glory!"

And yes, a song of the same title comes to mind (that you can listen here if you'd like:

)

Thank you A-Team :)

• Like 1

Let's continue to bless & pray for our one and only A-Team as they are hard working on this new A-11 project!

When all is finally done and running - then we'll truly say in unison: S. D. G. :) !!!