Never end the line with the verse number, keep it together with the verse text

Guntis

In a paragraph view mode, please never end the line with the verse number, keep it together with the verse text in the next line. See the problem in the attached image.

post-634-0-60222600-1350027880_thumb.png

Guntis, those numbers shift position based on the width of your text panes. In most cases the number doesn't appear at the end of a line, but if the pane width shifts to just the right place, it will cause the verse number to fall where you have indicated. I just tried it with my text and I was able both to cause it to align the numbers in an awkward position, and to fall within the paragraph rather than the right end of the text. I'm not a developer and just speaking from personal experience and observation, but I am not so sure there is a way to prevent this from happening. For now, the quick fix is to try adjusting your pane width until the verse numbers fall where you like them to be. One way to do this is just grab and drag the pane divider line. I hope that helps.

Edited by Mark Nigro

Guntis, those numbers shift position based on the width of your text panes. In most cases the number doesn't appear at the end of a line, but if the pane width shifts to just the right place, it will cause the verse number to fall where you have indicated. I just tried it with my text and I was able both to cause it to align the numbers in an awkward position, and to fall within the paragraph rather than the right end of the text.

Yes, they do shift. But there is <non-breaking space> code which can be inserted to keep text together. Use <non-breaking space> instead of <space> between the verse number and the text, and verse numbers will never appear at the end of the line.