Easily Selectable Greek & Hebrew Fonts

Enoch

• 1 month later...

I love Philos. and I quite like Didot...

Do you know if they are Unicode fonts?

(P.S. I am not a developer, so I can't answer any question about whether or not this is realistic)

I love Philos. and I quite like Didot...

Do you know if they are Unicode fonts?

Yes, they are really nice, aren't they? It's a great resource. And yes, they are Unicode.

We have no immediate plans to use Unicode fonts in our Greek and Hebrew display, Accordance is built to use our own fonts. You can of course export and use any font you choose elsewhere.

• 5 weeks later...

Humpht. I am reminded of Henry Ford who said they could have any color they wanted as long as it was black. Did you know that way back with an old DOS program like Logos 1.6 you could change Greek fonts? My Davka Writer's program must have 100 different Hebrew fonts. My favorite Greek font is the one that the UBS 3rd edition of the Greek NT, had; so clear & easy to ready (just as in UBS 1 & 2). Then I saw this awful font change for UBS 4. I saw awful; of course whoever adopted it must have liked it. Is there some reason why Accordance can't use True Fonts?

Edited by Enoch

Yes, Accordance is programmed to use our own fonts, and to export to several and especially to Unicode. The problem with the older greek fonts was that each one placed the characters in a different place/keystroke and so they weren't compatible with each other. This is solved with Unicode but that introduces more complexity for us, and we are not set up to use Unicode in our Greek/Hebrew/Transliteration/Manuscript/Syriac/Coptic/Arabic display yet.