Workflow ideas

Christoph Koehler

Hi there,

Just wondering if people would like to share some workflow ideas. I feel like I am only scratching the surface of Accordance and would like to know more. I've watched most of the podcasts (though it probably wouldn't hurt to look at them again), so now it's member time :)

Personally I have three windows split vertically with the NASBS, GNT-T, and the NET. That whole screen is divided again horizontally with the NET notes, and sometimes I add my personal commentary window to it, so I've got three texts on top and one or two resources on the bottom. Triple clicks on Greek words go to the BDAG. It's fairly basic and not really sophisticated.

For example, how would I efficiently search for Greek words in both the GNT-T and the LXX? What are some other tips and tricks for studying a passage?

Thanks!

Christoph

For example, how would I efficiently search for Greek words in both the GNT-T and the LXX? What are some other tips and tricks for studying a passage?

I created a workspace titled "Greek Word Search" with the GNT-T, the LXX, BDAG and other Greek resources and saved it as a Favorite workspace. Now I can select a Greek word in a text and amplify to this workspace. I've done the same with Hebrew.

Another approach would be to create a "Search All" Group with the Greek texts you want to be able to search.

There are at least two or three threads in the forums where Users have shared workspace layouts and approaches. I will try to locate them and provide links for you.

Lorinda

I was only able to find one of the threads I was thinking of, one on Sermon Prep techniques. It's about three years old, so Accordance has come quite a ways since then.

You might also check out the "Pastor's Study" blog entries for workflow examples. The first one can be found here.

Archived