transfer to new Mac

wkrewson

To transfer your entire Accordance to a new Mac:

If you have everything running on the old Mac, and can either link them both together by ethernet or firewire, or have an external drive you can hook up to either one, it is easiest to copy over the old Accordance and then update it.

Copy the entire Accordance folder to the new Mac.

Also if you are on OS X copy:

user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences folder

user/Documents/Accordance Files

to the same locations on the new Mac (it is good to backup these two folders from time to time)

Then download and run the latest installer for Accordance.

If you have already installed a new copy of Accordance on the new Mac (or prefer to do so), you can simply copy over the two folders from your user and replace the ones created by the new Accordance. However, if the locations of the modules relative to Accordance is different, you will be asked to navigate to the new location the first time you open a module. Also, if there are new modules in the new installation, these will need to be added back to Accordance with unlock codes, unless refrain from running Accordance on the new Mac until the older user files are copied to it.

• 6 months later...

Here's a bit of a twist to this subject...

Is it possible to copy an Accordance installation from an OSX Mac to an OS 9.1 installation without having to reinstall everything?

I've got an older PowerBook running 9.1 that I'd like to use as a secondary machine for just word processing, email, and Accordance. I wonder if I can save time by moving files from my MacBook Pro without having to completely reinstall everything.

You can copy the Accordance folder, install the 68K version of Accordance 8, and copy the Accordance Preferences from the OS X user to the Accordance folder on the OS 9 Mac. Should work just fine. If you have saved files in user/Documents you can copy those as well to the Accordance folder.

Archived