Accordance Crashing

lfigarcia

Hi,

Recently I upgraded my OS to 10.4.3 and now every time I try to do a word search, Accordance crashes!

I reinstalled Accordance 6.8 hoping that would help but it didn't. Now what can I do? :(

Thanks,

lfigarcia

First you can look in the Accordance settings ƒ folder for a file called Startup session. If it is there it sometimes gets corrupted so you can try trashing it.

If that does not correct the crash, then some other settings files may be corrupt.

Is it crashing just with one Bible text or all of them?

If just one, I would try first copying the module from the latest CD-ROM and replacing the one in your Accordance folder. If that does not work, try using Edit Modules (Edit menu) to remove the file from the pop-up menu, then find and open it in Accordance using the unlock code.

If all modules crash, try removing the file Accordance texts from the Accordance settings ƒ folder, and add back one of your Bibles. This is a last resort, as you will have to add back all your Bible texts with a bunch of codes. If that does not work, remove the entire Accordance settings ƒ folder, then reinstall all your CDs and modules (they will run fast, the installer will just add the modules back to Accordance).

Any settings file that you "remove" should first be put on the desktop so that it can be replaced if it does not prove to be the problem. These files will be completey reorganized in version 7, right now it is hard to tell which information is stored on which file.

Please call the tech support line (407-339-9188) if you need more help. If one of these works, please post the result here. :)

Archived