Search data doesn't stick

Lance

So I've done a search-all on (in this case) a particular bible verse. I get my list of modules down the lefthand column. I get part-way through selecting and reading them. I then decide to do something else in Accordance - e.g. sync my mobile device.

When I'm finished syncing I find that my search data has disappeared. The search criteria are still displayed in the search field, but the two columns below where the search results were are empty. So I have to re-do the search. Can be annoying if I've searched my whole Library and can't remember where I was up to in my reading.

Is this a bug? Or is there something I need to do to make the search data stick? Thanks.

Lance,

Accordance will "rebuild" the current workspaces after syncing when there are updates (from the iOS device) to your user content (User Notes and/or Highlights) to make sure the current workspaces have the updated user data. If syncing only updates user content on the iOS device (from the desktop) then Accordance does not need to "rebuild" the workspaces.

To "rebuild" the workspaces, Accordance saves a temporary session, closes the workspaces, and recalls the temporary session.

When recalling Search All tabs (among others), Accordance does NOT run the search after recalling because the search could take a long time (>10 seconds).

Accordance does not attempt to "remember your place" in Search All tabs… maybe it should??

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the enlightening explanation :)

That being the case, my answer to your closing question is "yes, it definitely should". I'd rate it as at least moderate priority. I think I'll now post it in the feature request forum.