Holladay or equivalent?

Battlesman

Will Holladay ever be released for Accordance? Or is there already an equivalent available? I already have BDB (not the complete version), but Holladay's concordance has some features I like better than BDB.

There was talk some years back about our getting a student version of HALOT, but it didn't come to fruition, not sure anymore what the issue was. However, we do have DCH now, as well as Concise DCH.

Personally, I struggle with finding the value in 'concise' resources in electronic form. Their primary strengths are lower price and portability in print. All electronic resources are portable, and I typically recommend saving the money you'd spend on the concise to get the full. That said, we do have some concise dictionaries, and in this case the Concise DCH would likely fill this need (as Helen mentioned).

• 3 weeks later...

The reason for me is purely practical. I'm required to have Holladay for my Hebrew classes this school year, and I hate buying hard copy books of resources I'd rather own electronically.

The reason for me is purely practical. I'm required to have Holladay for my Hebrew classes this school year, and I hate buying hard copy books of resources I'd rather own electronically.

I understand. This was also a 'required' text for me in seminary, but I never purchased it since I had the full HALOT. If you want to purchase HALOT for the long term benefit, you may want to ask your prof what he or she thinks, and whether you would be at a disadvantage in the class if you did so. With the current sale on HALOT, and given that it is the full version of Holladay, it seems worth asking. But, that's your call. We will not be getting Holladay any time soon.