Messed up Greek Texts

Julia Falling

Hey - I recently upgraded to Premier. Both Greek texts - Textus Receptus and Majoity - are all messed up. I have rebooted. For example, the Gk for "sabbath" reads upsilon chi delta delta chi psi pi. The Gk in the instant details box has the same problem. Basically, the Gk alphabet is scrambled. Oddly enough, if I copy the Gk for "sabbath" and then paste it into a TextEdit document, it shows up with the correct Gk letters. How do I fix this? Thanks.

This is the same problem of font mapping that has been brought up on the Forum before. Anytime the Greek or Hebrew looks strange, please follow these steps:

First upgrade to version 6.9.2 or run the updater again, and if that does not help, run the Font Fixer utility on the same page.

For more information, download the new fonts.pdf: and follow the instructions

Helen -

Thank you! I went through the forums and found an old post. I was able to get the issue resolved. Everything is working well.

• 3 weeks later...

I added the IVP Library and now my Greek (GNT) is messed up...reinstalled 6.9.2, ran font fixer....still messed up. Ideas?

Download the new fonts.pdf: and follow the instructions on going through FontBook for each item of Helena.

IVP created font havoc like nothing ever has for me on Accordance. Great package, but beware the font destruction! The only way I could fix it was by completely deleting the Helena font from my system and re-installing Accordance 6.9.2. Nothing else I tried worked.

HTH,

Thanks Robb. I did the same and I am up and IVP running! A Bible-Church mac/Accordance guy! We are "birds of a feather"...

Not to mention that we're both in Kansas! Would you like to see an Accordance training seminar in Kansas as much as I would?

Archived