Cannot launch Accordance - User Tool Error

Robb B

I just imported a User Tool, and then it didn't import correctly, so I deleted it from Documents/Accordance Files/User Tools without removing it within Accordance from the user tools list. I tried to open Accordance and I got the two errors below, the first one on the left and the second error after I clicked OK on the right. I restored the file from Trash, but still cannot open Accordance. Please help! Thanks!

I had something like this - try deleting the "User Tools" file in

user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences

As far as I remember - the programme then re-started OK - but I had lost my "User Tools". I went to

user/Documents/Accordance Files

and double clicked on the files I had lost from the Accordance menu - and everything was back to normal.

I'm still finding my way round the programme - so I can't say this will definitely cure the problem. Ypu could always put the "User Tools" pref file in a safe location (like USB pen memory stick) so you can restore it if needed.

E

Thank you! That worked perfectly. I have deleted user tools before in version 6.x and not had this error, so it might be a bug in version 7 to fix for 7.0.2. Thanks again for your quick reply.

Thank you! That worked perfectly. I have deleted user tools before in version 6.x and not had this error, so it might be a bug in version 7 to fix for 7.0.2. Thanks again for your quick reply.

Hi Robb

You are still able to delete user files in version 7 (I tried it and Accordance asked me where the "lost" file was).

I think your import error resulted in a corrupt settings file (based on Eion's helpful suggestion).

I would like to recreate you import error so that Accordance will not destroy the settings file.

Do you still have the file that results in an import error ??

If so, could you forward this file to me?

Thank you,

Mike

Archived