GNT verbs

danzac

I am creating some parsing practice for my Greek students and am using Accordance to create the information. I did a simple search for all verbs that occur 50 times or more and used the Details/analysis window. Then using the Analysis display, I am displaying all of the tagging.

Here is where I am running into a problem. There are over 600 inflected forms that don't show the inflected form of the word (like the other couple thousand do), but rather says (No inflected form). What is going on here? How could there be no inflected form when it is showing the forms parsing?

Most importantly of all— is there a way to fix this so that I can move forward with this little project?

Danny

This seems to be a bug which we will check out. For example, I picked λιθοβολέω from the list and searched for it, and it does have two inflected forms despite the Analysis:

λιθοβολέω (λίθος, βάλλω) to throw stones = 2

(No inflected form) = 1

ἐλιθοβόλησαν = 1

Great, thanks very much. That saves me a lot of work!

• 1 year later...

Is there any update on this issue? I am working on a project and this issue is complicating things again.

The issue lies in the variant parsing which creates havoc in the Analysis window. We have dealt with many of the issues but must have missed this one: the variant tagging causes the inflected form not to appear. If you add the full tagging below INFLECT you could then search to find that form. We will try to fix the Analysis.

Archived