My Utmost for His Highest

Brett K.

My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers would be perfect for Daily Readings.

• 9 months later...

It looks like My Utmost For His Highest is available to read a number of places online - for example, http://utmost.org/.

• Like 1

Accordance deserves this work. I use Logos ONLY for this devotional feature. If you wouldn't go to an online Bible program, why would you do so for an integrated devotional where you could (shift-control + and -) to switch from devotional to devotional, highlight, and make notes associated with. Just today I read it in Logos, it sure would be nice AND FAST in Accordance.

• 2 months later...

Just wondering if there's been any progress in getting this classic... is it possible in the near future or is it a licensing issue?

• Like 1

I have sent an email through the contact form on utmost.org asking if it is ok to make an Accordance user tool from their site and if it would be ok to upload that module to the Accordance exchange. When I hear back I'll update the form.

• Like 3

Here is the relevant part of the email:

In regard to your request, since we already have My Utmost for His Highest on the Internet and since it is under copyright, we have chosennot to give blanket permission to others to put our publication on their sites or distribute it electronically in any form. To use our content without permission would be a violation of copyright law.

Because of our strong sense of stewardship concerning the material that the Lord has called us to publish, we feel the need to closely monitor the quality and accuracy (both typographically and doctrinally) of our devotional and Bible study material. The nature of electronic copies is such that we are not able to control what happens to our publications once they are copied. Therefore, these rights are notavailable and, unfortunately, we must decline your request.

However, you can provide a link to our site if you would like. That way, your readers can enjoy the materials and you won't have to duplicate the effort. Perhaps the My Utmost for His Highest banner on http://resources.rbc.org/banner/devotionals.html will be helpful.

Thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Ed Rock

Rights and Permissions Manager

Discovery House Publishers

3000 Kraft Ave. SE

Grand Rapids, Michigan 49512

616-974-2671

616-974-2224 fax

erock@rbc.org

According to Wikipedia the book was published in 1927 in England and in 1935 in the USA. I believe that does not put it in the public domain. I know that logos has an Oswald Chambers collection as well as the devotional; perhaps there is another route for the e-text.

• 6 months later...

Great quote from Oswald that I'm using in a sermon on Galatians 1 tomorrow:

There is a certain pride in people that causes them to give and give, but to come and accept a gift is another thing. I will give my life to martyrdom; I will dedicate my life to service I will do anything. But do not humiliate me to the level of the most hell-deserving sinner and tell me that all I have to do is accept the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.

Just here to add my +1 to hoping for this in Accordance some day.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

This seems to be an old thread, but I would definitely pay for this classic in Accordance.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to bump this as My Utmost for His Highest is the most popular devotional of all time. Accordance really should have it.

I know *all* of Oswald Chambers' works are already in electronic format. I would love to see the complete set in Accordance.

It would be easy to put it in a personal module but one would need to manually go to the proper date.

Yes, I know. My hope is that Accordance will add the most popular devotional of all time so that all Accordance users can benefit.

My dream is that they add the complete work of Oswald Chambers which is already in digital form and available in other applications. When I bought his complete works in a single volume printed book, it came with a free CD containing all of his works, but it uses a [clears throat] different Bible study application--which I do not use.

Oswald Chambers was a giant. His writing are as relevant today as they were 100 years ago. I do not use many (if any) pastoral-type resources in Accordance, but the complete works of Oswald Chambers would be awesome.

Thanks

--

Brett

Edited by Brett K.
  • Like 1