Lectionary (ies)

ToddPeperkorn

I am wondering if anyone has done work preparing lectionary resources for Accordance. I use the one year lectionary of the Western Church (pre Vatican II Rome, Anglican, and Lutheran). I've started creating workspaces for each Sunday.

Is there any kind of work that has already been done on this or on other lectionaries?

Todd Peperkorn

Lectionary for Lutherans with Accordance

Some are posted on the Accordance Exchange.

Is there a place to post workspaces on the Exchange? I couldn't seem to find anywhere.

I think it would go under "Saved Windows"

I use the three year Revised Common Lectionary. Instead of a series of saved workspaces, I have one Sermon Prep workspace that is set up as follows:

-One Text tab named "OT" with three (or four) panes: NRSV-BHS-W4(-LXX1)-NET

-One Text tab named "Psalm" with three (or four) panes: NRSV-BHS-W4(-LXX1)-NET

-One Text tab named "Epistle" with three panes: NRSV-GNT-T-NET

-One Text tab named "Gospel" with three panes: NRSV-GNT-T-NET

-One User Tool tab, showing either:

-the RCL A (or B or C) user tool from Accordance Exchange which lists the readings for each Sunday or

-my YearA (or B or C) Notes user tool with my exegetical and sermon notes.

Note that the text tabs are not search windows, but the text tabs (or windows) that appear when you amplify from a Scripture link, with recycling turned off. I used the Set>Name feature to set their names as specified above.

This workspace is my default workspace; each week I open it, turn recycling back on in the OT tab, shift to the RCL tab and click on the OT reading for the coming Sunday. This opens that reading in the OT tab, with the three or four pane arrangment I prefer. I turn off recycling in that tab, move to the next, and repeat until all the tabs are reset for the current week's readings. Then I save the worskspace, to save the changes. Finally, I shift the user tool pane to my Year A Notes user tool, and I'm ready to work.

I will try setting this up. I don't really understand the benefit of this setup as compared to a separate workspace. Can you enlighten me?

My guess is that it's a matter of personal preferences. From my perspective, the advantages are:

-whenever I open Accordance, the sermon prep workspace is automatically opened; if I remembered to save it after setting up the current week's reading, I don't have to manually open the correct workspace

-it leaves my Accordance folder less cluttered. On the other hand, I do have folders for each Sunday of the three year lectionary elsewhere on my hard drive, so I suppose I could have a separate workspace for each Sunday and save them in those folders. Then I'd have them for three years from now.

-using text tabs instead of search tabs means I don't accidentally reuse one of my "proper" tabs for other searches. And I can see more of the text because I don't have the search pane taking up vertical space.

Lorinda

I'm actually in the early stages of preparing lectionaries (Sundays, Feast Days, and Week Days) for the Eastern Orthodox Church. It may be a while, but once I have items prepared, I plan on posting them on the Exchange.

Archived