Copying in the iOS App

Tim Hall

Good evening,

I have started using my iPad and iPhone for more research for my sermons. Am I missing how to select and then copy multiple word passages from my tools?

If we cannot do this, let me throw my hat into the ring wanting to be able to do this.

• Like 1

Tim, at this point it is not possible. I second your request. The ability to copy and paste from tools would be a giant step in bringing the iOS app closer to a full-orbed study tool. I suspect the Accordance folks are working on this, since the app has already come a long way since it was introduced. I have found that on other apps copying and pasting has taken a lot of time to implement. It took a long time for OliveTree to implement it on BibleReader. And Kindle for iOS still doesn't have it, even though the Mac and PC apps do. I wonder why this is.

• 2 months later...

Is it possible in one of the Scripture texts, or not possible in all modules? I have not figured out how to copy in a text module.

Tap the verse reference to copy the entire verse, and use the arrows at the top of the view (in read view) to expand the copy to more than one verse.

• 5 months later...

I'm a bit confused on what you mean by read view. How do I set that on the iPad?

Read view is showing all the text without search criteria (tap the reading spectacles to get there). Copying multiple verses also works when the search view is set to All context. Whenever the text is contiguous, showing all the verses, Copy Verse and Highlight Verse can be expanded by arrow buttons to cover a larger passage.

Ok. I just realized you mentioned the verse reference. Tapped that and got the options. How about in a module other than text, such as Experiencing God Day By Day? How would one copy the entire daily reading?

Ok. I just realized you mentioned the verse reference. Tapped that and got the options. How about in a module other than text, such as Experiencing God Day By Day? How would one copy the entire daily reading?

You can currently copy by word, sentence, and paragraph in a non-Bible module. Arbitrary text selection is planned, which will then allow you to copy whatever text you want.