NICNT Why missing books?

Enoch

I thought I had bought the whole NICNT. Yet when I tried to get a comment on Romans 4, neither NICNT or NICNT2 seemed to have Romans. Yet I know that Romans exists in this set. I was trying to get a comment on Rom 4:20 from a search for the word "unto" (mostly obsolete now as a Bible translation where we would use to today. But when I keyed off 4:20, I could not get the Romans commentary in the set.

However, when I dumped the search & just brought up Romans as a text, the commentary was there.

Should this be a feature request or is there some way I could have gotten my comment off the search results?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Enoch

Hi Enoch, I am not sure what's happening for you, but Romans is in my copy of NICNT and Rom 4 is there as well

eg

II. THE HEART OF THE GOSPEL: JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH (1:18–4:25)

In his statement of the theme of the letter (vv. 16–17), Paul moves quickly from the gospel to the salvation mediated by the gospel to the “righteousness of God” revealed in the gospel. It is now this righteousness, God acting to bring people into a right relationship with himself, that occupies Paul’s attention in the first major section of the body of Romans, 1:18–4:25.1

Douglas J. Moo, The Epistle to the Romans (NICNT; Accordance electronic ed. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1996), 90.

Check by double clicking NICNT in your Library pane, and then use the Browser to find Romans.,

post-29509-0-45692500-1348632152_thumb.png

post-29509-0-37215900-1348632179_thumb.png

I thought I had bought the whole NICNT. Yet when I tried to get a comment on Romans 4, neither NICNT or NICNT2 seemed to have Romans. Yet I know that Romans exists in this set. I was trying to get a comment on Rom 4:20 from a search for the word "unto" (mostly obsolete now as a Bible translation where we would use to today. But when I keyed off 4:20, I could not get the Romans commentary in the set.

However, when I dumped the search & just brought up Romans as a text, the commentary was there.

Should this be a feature request or is there some way I could have gotten my comment off the search results?

Thanks for your help.

Please explain what you mean by 'keyed off 4:20'; I suspect you're doing something wrong here. There are definitely comments on 4:20, evident by opening NICNT in parallel with a Bible text at this location.

And if I select the verse number and amplify to NICNT using either the amplify icon in the library or the toolbar, it takes me straight to the v20 section of NICNT. Is that what you mean by "keyed off"?

Sorry if I misread your earlier post

After I did a search and had search results; not normal text of a version; I had the problem in not being able to bring up a commentary.