Triple-Click goes to irrelevant(?) entry

qqarynne

When I triple-clicked on שֻׁלַּ֣חְתִּי from Dan 10.11, which is from the root שׁלח (to send), instead of linking me to the FIRST occurring entry in my BDB Complete, which would be the relevant entry for the verb, שׁלח, I was brought to the LAST occurring entry, which is a noun referring to something about a garment or a table.

I understand the two entries share the exact same 3 consonants and so that 'garment' entry could show up. But I don't understand why it was the immediate result from my triple-click, when it is a later entry to the correct word I was looking for? I had to click the UP arrow on the "Mk" to get to the correct שׁלח.

So while I could still get to the entry I wanted but this seems a little buggy to me.. I thought it was more normal and default to show it's first occurring entry and then if I was looking for something else, to click DOWN to search for its alternative hits?

I tried triple-clicking on other verses where the same root word (to send) occurs, and the same thing happens.

post-31560-0-22980500-1415254565_thumb.png

post-31560-0-63691300-1415255387_thumb.png

Edited by qqarynne

It's working for me. I suggest you use the Preferences option to include the Reference when amplifying. This usually takes you to the correct entry and helps to pick out the reference if it is cited. You can press shift to override your current preference setting. I am not sure why, in this case, it's choosing the last entry when you don't include the reference.

Not yet. Actually we could programmatically behind the scenes but there isn't any UI to clear it or set it. So for now we're not supporting it but likely will in a future version.

Almost every other word I've tried so far (without including reference) has brought me to the first occurring entry, which is why I thought this to be really strange. :blink: