Getinthebible

Hello all,

I use the user tool feature constantly to teach class, record study notes, and share studies with my friends. I often have lengthy verse lists within my tools. I format them all as links for easy navigation and review. However at times the long list are distracting. Is there a way to add columns to a user tool so that the user would not need to scroll down through a long list of verses?

I often write the tool using pages, and then import as a plain text file. Then I format it as needed. Could the answer be in using html somehow?

Thanks for your input.

Rob

While there currently isn't the option to create tables, you can create an ordered list with html. The various tags that are supported are listed in the award-winning Accordance Help Files. In this case, you would want to study <ol> <li> html syntax. This would create an itemized listed as such:

1. Verse A
  2. Verse B
  3. etc.

Again, the Help Files will explain what html syntax is capable. But to give you a brief example, the above would like:

<ol>

<li> 1. Verse A</li>

<li> 2. Verse B</li>

<li> 3. etc.</li>

</ol>

<ol> meaning = ordered list

<li> meaning = line item

I know there's been discussion about adding features to the User Tools/Notes, but I am unsure where such enhancements are on the list of requests.

Hi James,

This will give Rob an ordered list, but I honk he is talking about columns. Is this possible?

No, Ken, there's currently not an option to create tables in User Tools or Notes. I wish there were.

Yes, just tried importing an html file with a two column layout using <div> tags and was unsuccessful. It seems this is not possible due to it stripping out the majority of the html tags from the file. My suggestion would be to place the references into paragraphs like such:

Matt 3:16; 1Cor 5:2; Gen 1:1; 1Pet 2:2; Heb 3:3; Lev 12:1-3; Rev 3:3; James 1:2; 2Cor 1:1; Acts 1:2; Acts 14:1; Luke 3:1; John 1:1-14; John 3:16; 1John 1:1; Tit 1:1; Exo 2:2; Deut 2:12; Deut 6:4

Rather than:

Matt 3:16

1Cor 5:2

Gen 1:1

1Pet 2:2

Heb 3:3 ...

And see if that frees up some screen real estate. Maybe if we all plead and beg enough, Oaktree will add more allowed tags in the User modules. :)

Sometimes I hate my inability to touch-type...and my seeming inability to properly read my posts.

I can't believe I said " but I honk he is talking about columns." Man oh man...

• Like 1

Sometimes I hate my inability to touch-type...and my seeming inability to properly read my posts.

I can't believe I said " but I honk he is talking about columns." Man oh man...

I have the same problem with my iPhone, but mine is with autocorrect "correcting" my words with ones that make no sense!

You should see my texts Ryan. Sometimes my wife spends her time laughing at my awful texting more that reading (or at least trying to intuit) what I typed (and had autocorrected at times)

I almost SMS'ed a friend named Bec earlier this year, and it autocorrected to the name for a female dog! Lucky I saw that one!!!

You should see my texts Ryan. Sometimes my wife spends her time laughing at my awful texting more that reading (or at least trying to intuit) what I typed (and had autocorrected at times)

I almost SMS'ed a friend named Bec earlier this year, and it autocorrected to the name for a female dog! Lucky I saw that one!!!

Good catch! LOL!

I sort of created a table in an imported user tool (MacArthur Study Bible) by using the tab key. It was long and laborious. I had to keep updating as I went because how it looked in the edit window was often shifted from what I was seeing in the final product. Here's a shot of my "sort of" table -

post-330-0-60667200-1351601860_thumb.png

Thank you all so much for the input. It is wonderful not just to have a great program but a helpful community as well.

I will try your suggestions and wait for the ability to do it easier.

Thanks