Custom / own translation of Bible

Eoin

In "My Notes" I have a file which is slowly building into a Bible translation. What is the best way to manage this - the spaces between the verses spread it out much more than the Accordance translations. I would like to turn it into a "Personal Bible Translation". Any advice?

Also - it would be nice to be able to put in a book / chapter at a time - rather than verse by verse. I have the whole of Mark as a text file, but I will just have to do it piecmeal.

One other thing - if the folk at Accordance do add a Spell Checker for use with "My Notes" please let the users choose their dictionary, or give us the abilty to use a Custom Dictionary so that we can use any language we choose. In WORD I use such a dictionary so I can spell check in Gaelic as well as English.

E

We hope you allow you to import a text file as a user Bible text fairly soon, not sure yet how it will handle verses that are missing relative to the KJV. It won't be editable once it is a module.

Spell checking on user tools and texts will be coming, but a choice of dictionary? we had not planned on that at this point.

Spell checking on user tools and texts will be coming, but a choice of dictionary? we had not planned on that at this point.

The spelling dictionary could utlise Apple's "system dictionary". For almost complete flexibilty minority and unsupported language users could utilise the "Aspell" dictionaries. I use one for spell checking Scottish Gaelic emails with Apple's "Mail" programme. It also works in AppleWorks. The Apple supplied dictionaries give choice of US / British English and other major languages.

E

I can recommend the excellent universal multi-lingual spell checker program:SpellCatcher X. Its features are extensive and the support by the developer is top notch!

Tom

I can recommend the excellent universal multi-lingual spell checker program:SpellCatcher X. Its features are extensive and the support by the developer is top notch! - Tom

Hello Tom,

I mentioned Aspell as it works with OSX, and more importantly, minority languages are available. As far as I know SpellCatcher has only 13 languages available, none of which are minority languages. Take a look at

http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/saoghal/mion-chanain/en/

to get an idea of the number of minority languages spoken in Europe. Add to that languages from the other continents!

As a student / user of a minority language - I'll stick with Aspell, and folk like those at Evertype - see

http://www.evertype.com/software/macgaidhealspell/ .

The government has help for Windows users - but not unfortunately for Mac users "yet". Their dictionary was recently announced - see

http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/gaidhlig/spellpress.asp

I think I have given the English version of these web pages - if not try clicking on buttons marked "Beurla" = "English"

E

Archived