Strange error in importing user bible book Judges

jana

I know, I am newbie in importing user bibles, but the following I don't understand.

I try to import the book Judges. I made everything right with TextWrangler. But then the message appears:

"The reference "Ruth 3,1" cannot be used, since all chapter numbers in a book must begin with 1 and be sequential without skipping any chapters."

I tried to find the word "Ruth" in Judges but no result. So I don't understand what happens here.

Anybody who can give me a hint?

I know, I am newbie in importing user bibles, but the following I don't understand.

I try to import the book Judges. I made everything right with TextWrangler. But then the message appears:

"The reference "Ruth 3,1" cannot be used, since all chapter numbers in a book must begin with 1 and be sequential without skipping any chapters."

I tried to find the word "Ruth" in Judges but no result. So I don't understand what happens here.

Anybody who can give me a hint?

Happily I found the answer by myself this morning after a good night rest: the original text had by error extra chapters like 25:1, 26:1. So you easily can arrive at Ruth.

But still I have a question.

In each book of the Tenach I had to renumber one or two chapters. It know that verse numbers in translations may vary or is Accordance too critical? I hope that this is not the case with the other books.

If your translation varies from the verse numbering of the KJV, you may have the edit the numbers. You can find the rules in Accordance Help: Doing your own thing: User Bibles. For example:

• Books can be in any order and number. That is, Bibles with incomplete, missing or out-of-order books can be imported.
  • Chapters within a book must be consecutive, but need not be complete. If a chapter is missing the user should create a chapter x verse 1 and leave it blank, for each skipped chapter.
  • Verses within a chapter can be skipped but must not be out of order, so verses 2,4,5,8 are acceptable, but not 2,4,3,5,8. Extra verses are not accepted. The KJV is the standard for the number of chapters in each book, and verses per chapter.

Thanks Helen, I will try to apply these rules. Do I need to use the English names for the books? That was the other question which I was thinking of.

Jan Aukes

Amsterdam

I think so. Our full Bibles can handle alternate names from an external file, but user Bibles do not have that option.

Archived