Alphabetize Modules

Dr. Nathan Parker

It would be great if we could alphabetize modules in lists of modules in the iOS app. It'd save me a ton of organizing time.

• Like 1

I also feel like it's really hard to organize on the iOS, but somebody mentioned to me that, if I have my library organized on my iMac the way I like, I could delete/re-install on the iOS and synch from the desktop rather than use Easy Install. This would install the modules in the order that they are found in your library.

Important note! This advice was given to me when we had version 10.x and I don't know if it functions the same with version 11.x.

It sounds radical, but it's nowhere near as tedious as the normal organization from the iOS interface.

• Like 1

Sounds good. I may give that a try. So basically just remove the iOS app completely, reinstall, then just to a local sync all with the desktop app?

That is also what I do. It does simplify the organization process, but it takes a bit of time to do. Since I use iAcc differently than Acc-Mac, I modify the order slightly after installing. For one thing, I move the GNT28-T & HMT-W4 to the top, just under my preferred English version. It makes it quicker to switch original language texts.

I'm having issues getting it to work for me. When I attempt to sync Accordance locally with iOS after re-installing it on my iPad, I receive the following error message (see attached). It then cancels out the sync and will not allow me to proceed with the sync.

What needs to be done to resolve this?

Thanks!

post-838-0-50183100-1416701942_thumb.png

Nathan,

So if you click “OK” then Accordance stops the sync? This message should only show up the first time with a new device.

Also, could you give a little more detail on what you did?

• app versions
  • did you sync with the iPad previously?

Mike

Hi there!

It does completely stop the sync when clicking OK. I could shoot a screencast and show you what's going on when it happens.

Basically I click Sync with Local Device, select iPad, get the message, click OK, and I can't go any further syncing.

I'm on Accordance 11.0.1 on the Mac. On the iPad, I synced with it before, but I deleted the app and re-installed a fresh copy of the app from the App Store (as instructed above).

Nathan, that message is normal because it is the first time you synch that way. When you click Ok it should go on with the rest of the synch.

Problem is, mine kills the sync and won't let me proceed. When I re-select the iPad and attempt to sync, it throws the message again. Really strange.

Nathan,

I will try to recreate this scenario to see if I can reproduce the problem. There is a v11.0.3 alpha waiting for fixes from the conferences and we have already made some enhancements for these type of situations.

In the meantime, you might have to make contact with our technical support to setup a screen sharing session to get you back up and running.

Sorry for your troubles,

Mike

Nathan,

I reverted to v1.7.8 on my iPhone, WiFi synced with my iMac (v11.0.2), got the warning, and was able to complete the sync (after hitting OK I got the dialog with the moule selection list).

I repeated these steps again with a previous version of Accordance on my iMac (v11.0.1) and was able to sync after getting the warning.

Sorry, I do not know what is wrong with your setup.

Looking over the release notes, however, we already enhanced the WiFi syncing for situations like this in v11.0.2. You could try updating to v11.0.2 and trying again.

Mike

Sounds good. I'll ensure both Accordance for Mac and iOS are updated to the latest version and try again. If I still have troubles, I'll ring support on Skype and share my screen.

It's working now. Updating to 11.0.2 worked.