Amplify Frequently Not Working - 1.6.1 iPad 1 IOS 5.1.1

justin4jesus

Frequently, in any module, I can not amplify a specific word.

When I press Amplify and choose either Lemma, Inflected or Root I get an error message stating that there is no result in any resource. Even for common words like LOGOS which do indeed have results.

It appears to be linked to low memory but I'm not certain. IOS is famously poor on memory management and I'm on 5.1.1 (can not move to 6 on iPad 1). If I exit out of the Accordance app, force close, manually flush the memory and re-enter Accordance it seems to work. As you can imaging this is very frusterating and time consuming, especially when I'm trying to follow a live message.

Has there been any experience with this and is there a better solution? Is this the beginning of the end for IOS 5.1.1 support, I am unable to move up to a new iPad and would be devestated if that were the case.

I have seen this issue only on the 1st generation iPad which is one of the devices I use for testing but it may happen on other devices also. It's definitely a memory issue and a reboot of the iPad usually corrects it for a while. I actually think its a bug in the OS because the underlying cause of the problem is a system call that stops returning relevant information.

I've done quite a bit of work in the upcoming v1.6.2 to reduce the overall memory footprint of the app so perhaps that will help, but ultimately this combination (1st generation iPad and iOS 5.1.x) may still see occasional problems.

Tanks for the feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the response. Unfortunatly the update did not do much to fix the amplify feature...

• 2 weeks later...

I have an iPad -1; iOS 5.1.1 and I too have noticed it crashing frequently. Seems like more often lately. I hadn't pinned down a pattern yet. Maybe this is it.

Rick Conklin

Wichita, KS

• 2 weeks later...

I to am having this problem. I also get blank modules sometimes... When I have my text and a reference tool open and try to switch to another reference tool it either shows up blank or has just shows the other module even though the title says its been changed...

I think these two issues may be related because when you amplify, it is basically not opening the desired module correctly hence the search cannot be completed...

I'm using the iPad mini on 6.1