Textbook of Aramaic Documents from Ancient Egypt

Helen Brown

We are delighted to release this significant module from the 4 volumes by Bezalel Porten and Ada Yardeni.

The TAD-T module represents the main Aramaic text, morphologically tagged initially for the CAL Project. The accompanying parallel TAD-E module includes the English translation, as well as headings, explanations, and footnotes in the printed text. The Yardeni drawings are not included

TAD includes a large collection of Aramaic documents from the 5th century BCE, mainly from Elephantine Island (ancient Yeb) in the Nile near Aswan, which offer a fascinating glimpse into the life of a Jewish garrison community during the Persian occupation. The letters and legal papers give a vivid picture of the life of Jews in exile during the time of Ezra and Nehemiah, and are of major importance to scholars of the period. The Accordance TAD-T module allows full morphological searches of the Aramaic text. The TAD-E Reference tool includes the English translations and all the Notes, and can be displayed in parallel or searched independently.

The TAD-T is now available for purchase and download for $100.

• 5 years later...

I'm having trouble getting TAD-T and TAD-E to parallel each other. When I click on the "add parallel" button for TAD-T, it doesn't give me the option to parallel it with TAD-E. It seems like the trouble is that TAD-E is is not categorized as a text like TAD-T, but is a reference tool. Any suggestions?