Notification emails do note render Greek (and Hebrew) properly

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I have for a long time seen that the Greek pasted into posts in the forum does not show up in GMail in readable form. As an example Ken's Merry Christmas in this thread today : http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14731 showed up as :

Daniel Semler,Ken Simpson (http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showuser=29509) has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Broken link on the website for Philo and a question".----------------------------------------------------------------------Καλά Χριστούγεννα και ευτυχισμένο το νέο έτος !----------------------------------------------------------------------The topic can be found here: http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14731&view=getnewpost

I'm not able to work out where the fault lies. Gmail itself can definitely handle Greek if it's in Unicode. I notice that the email from the Forum machine is in

Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"

rather than

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

for my simple test email.

I cannot see a preference to set the forum emails for me to Unicode encoded.

So a couple of questions :

1. Is this happening to others ?

2. Is this a forum mail issue ?

3. Is it something else ?

Any ideas welcome.

Thx

D

HI Daniel, no idea. I don’t get emails except PM’s from the boards. My mailbox is already too full to do that. I just check the forums regularly (usually multiple times a day)

Edited by Ken Simpson

Thanx Ken. Even the apostrophe's are not coming through ok;

no idea. I don’t get emails except PM’s from the boards

Hmmmm..... something of a config issue somewhere. Oh well, will wait and see if others have seen this.

thx

D

Yeah, I can’t do anything about that. Not an admin. (And not asking to be ;) )

Edited by Ken Simpson

Yes, I receive the email notifications this way too. I guess I didn't bother too much about it, since I'd just click on the link to see the post in the forum. But I do admit that this has to be fixed.

Yes, I receive the email notifications this way too. I guess I didn't bother too much about it, since I'd just click on the link to see the post in the forum. But I do admit that this has to be fixed.

Same story for me

Yep I do the same.

Same story for me

Glad to know it's not just my setup.

And for sure it's not earth-shatteringly important but I wondered if it was just me.

Thx

D

• Like 1