Major Syncing Problems Mac <

Julia Falling

Hey –

We were gone most of Saturday and I wanted to sync my User Notes and Highlights before church yesterday. Big, big mistake. I'll won't be trying that again anytime soon. If I want to sync, I'll give it a go Saturday morning!

When I made the attempt to sync MacBook Air with iPad Sunday morning, Accordance crashed. Tried again. Same result. Then something awful happened to Accordance iOS. The screen would come up, but then disappear. The iOS app crashed, too. I rebooted MBA and iPad. It didn't help. I had to remove Accordance from the iPad. I installed a new copy via iTunes, signed in, and downloaded a bare minimum of stuff wirelessly before church. I was actually facing the possibility of having to take a print Bible to church for the first time since iAcc came out. Absolutely horrifying!

After lunch I tried to tackle the problem. I ran Disk Utility on the MBA and repaired permissions. I then fired up TechTool Pro & checked File Structures. There were two bad ones, not related to Accordance. Trashed those. Next was a reboot from the eDrive to check Volume Structures for directory corruption. The Volume (MBA) failed so I had TTP rebuild it and checked it again. It passed. I was hopeful that this would solve the problem.

I tried to sync again. MBA crashed again, but at least the iAcc on the iPad was still functional. I loaded all my stuff back on the iPad via the wireless download (which is slow compared to a Mac <—> sync) and got the whole thing organized. That's no small task. I was up way too late last night.

This morning, I tried syncing again, but didn't include the Highlights files. Synced without a problem. I then tried again including just my main Highlights file. All Accordance windows closed except the Sync window. The beach ball spun briefly. The Accordance windows came back up. It worked, but not without closing all other Accordance windows. I added a second Highlights file. Again the sync was successful, but all other windows closed and the beach ball made a brief appearance. Stepwise, I was able to get the four highlights files back on the iPad, but had a very frustrating day of it yesterday.

I may have 4 highlights files, but my Texts are minimally highlighted. My Tools have more than my Texts, but they are not heavily highlighted, either.

The source of the problem is obviously the Highlights files. Do you want me to zip them up and email them? Is anyone else having difficulties? Might there be a fix with the next release of Accordance or iAcc?

Thanks!

P.S. If this post belongs under another category (Technical?), please move it.