Reference lookup

Allthermals

Hello,

One feature that I would find helpful is if when you pull up the references, you could then touch them and it would show that verse in place. Now it seems that you must write down or perhaps copy the verses and look them up leaving the initial study verses. I use both iPad and iPhone 5 although primarily the pad.

Thanks

A lump of clay...

Hello,

One feature that I would find helpful is if when you pull up the references, you could then touch them and it would show that verse in place. Now it seems that you must write down or perhaps copy the verses and look them up leaving the initial study verses. I use both iPad and iPhone 5 although primarily the pad.

Thanks

A lump of clay...

If I'm understanding your request, we offer that now: Touch and hold a verse reference, then touch 'Show in Context'.

This may not be what the original request was related to, but it brought to mind for me a frustration I encounter with the iOS version of Accordance. When I conduct a search, Accordance provides me with the relevant verses (for this example, my search settings are set to show the hits verses with no context). As I scroll through the hits, I can tap the eyeglasses image to leave the search and view the topmost visible hit in full context. This is great! But if the verse I'm wanting to view when leaving the search results is near the end of the search hits list, there is no way to easily do so. I can't scroll all the way down to it, and tapping the eyeglasses defaults to the topmost visible hit verse.

I'd like to see a way to be able to take advantage of this feature for every verse in a search hits result. Additionally, it would be nice to be able to immediately jump back to the search results once I leave them to view a particular verse in context.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

This may not be what the original request was related to, but it brought to mind for me a frustration I encounter with the iOS version of Accordance. When I conduct a search, Accordance provides me with the relevant verses (for this example, my search settings are set to show the hits verses with no context). As I scroll through the hits, I can tap the eyeglasses image to leave the search and view the topmost visible hit in full context. This is great! But if the verse I'm wanting to view when leaving the search results is near the end of the search hits list, there is no way to easily do so. I can't scroll all the way down to it, and tapping the eyeglasses defaults to the topmost visible hit verse.

This is a longstanding limitation when viewing search results with no context. My understanding is that it is not an easy fix. It is for this reason that my default context is 'all'. If I then want to see more of a list, I re-run the search with context set to none. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

I'd like to see a way to be able to take advantage of this feature for every verse in a search hits result. Additionally, it would be nice to be able to immediately jump back to the search results once I leave them to view a particular verse in context.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

You should be able to 'jump back' to the search results now. If you 'show in context' it opens a new text view, you can go back by two-finger swipe, or revealing the toolbar and touching the back button. Or am I missing something?