Lectionary Module

Lawson Stone

I would love a module that used the 3 year Sunday lectionary and the Daily Office Lectionary from the Book of Common Prayer (I happen to use the 1979 edition) There is an iPad app that does this, but it gives no real choice of translation and no ability to highlight, annotate, compare with the original, etc.

Accordance with a lectionary reading module would be a powerful tool for devotional study.

• Like 1

Hi Lawson,

have you checked out the Revised Common Lectionary modules on the Accordance Exchange? I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but they may be.

If you are unfamiliar with it, you can read about the RCR here at http://en.wikipedia....mmon_Lectionary

The modules are in Stuffit format, if you find you can't unstuff them after downloading, please IM me, and send me your email address and I will send it to you via email (it's very small)

The link to the modules (which includes Year A, B, C) is at http://www.accordanc.../Lectionary.sit

Hope this is of help.

The Episcopal lectionary of the 1979 BCP is different front he RCL, and the 2 year lectionary is a daily Bible reading schedule. These have been both made available in other Bible software and I use the the 2 year lectionary every day. I know here in Canada the RCL has superseded the BAS 3 year lectionary which was basically the equivalent to the 1979 US BCP, but I am unaware of the the USA Episcopal Church's stance on the lectionary.

-Dan

Thanks Dan,

sorry it wasn't what you were hoping for...

I have 2 questions then:

1. Do you know who would hold the copyright to the Episcopal lectionary

2. Do you know of a freely available e-text to the lectionary.

The Episcopal Church's book is always released into the public domain. according to wikipedia with detailed link to the statute. I know the other company released them for free.

-Dan

For those who have not used the Lectionaries and wonder why we want more that just getting it off the user exchange: The Lectionaries are "More Than" just the reading for Sundays, Feast Days/Saints days and the Daily Prayers ( Offices ). The Readings are all interconnected with the Church's cycle of Life and are connected Thematically, Theologically. We need them to be Tagged, to be searchable etc. They get used when looking at Christology, Eschotology, Soteriology , Ecclesiology etc.

The Lectionaries also have important historical value as , in times past , things were often dated in time by the use of the Church calendar: Such and such happened or was written , Second Monday, Third week of Advent, Year of our Lord ,,,,,,

Just sayin.

• Like 1