Context button crash from Text window

Chris V

Acc 8.0.5, MacBook Intel, 10.5

When clicking the Context button while a Reference Tool in a Text window is active, Accordance crashes.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a Text window (for example, by clicking a scripture reference in a Reference Tool)
  2. Add a Reference Tool pane to the Text window
  3. Click on the Reference Tool pane so that it becomes active
  4. Click the Context icon in the Resource Palette

If you have trouble reproducing the crash, let me know and I can post screenshots or config files.

Console shows these messages:

9/8/08 Sep 8 3:16:17 PM [0x0-0x47e47e].com.OakTree.Accordance[15981] An unhandled exception occurred at $00000000 :

9/8/08 Sep 8 3:16:17 PM [0x0-0x47e47e].com.OakTree.Accordance[15981] EAccessViolation : Access violation

9/8/08 Sep 8 3:16:17 PM [0x0-0x47e47e].com.OakTree.Accordance[15981] $00000000

9/8/08 Sep 8 3:16:17 PM com.apple.launchd[68] ([0x0-0x47e47e].com.OakTree.Accordance[15981]) Exited with exit code: 217

Expected behavior would be an error message similar to the message received when clicking the Context button from a Reference Tool in a Search window.

I can reproduce with Accordance 8.0.5, iBook G4, 10.4.11

Lorinda

Sorry, we are still doing some reorganization and clean-up of the code, and sometimes these bugs get introduced. Thanks for the heads-up. We will certainly fix it for the next release.

• 1 year later...

While in Workspace and reading a single selected bible verse, I went to Add Context. The Workspace then displayed the 5 verse context I was looking for, but without the originally selected verse.

I was just doing more work as above, but this time when I selected Context all verses were displayed as expected. Then I went back in History and selected my first verse and this time everything was fine.

Archived