Bug reports for version 9

Helen Brown

When I try to auto-scroll a text pane by Command-clicking on the up or down arrows, Accordance crashes!

I have the same problem. Noticed it at the Wash. seminar yesterday.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not seen any of the display problems noted here, but I have found that any attempt to print when there's a syntax pane displayed (that's the new BHS-W4 Syntax for Genesis) then Accordance quits. It does quit with impressive speed, though!

Oops. We cannot support printing or export of the syntax yet, but it certainly shouldn't crash. It will be fixed by Monday.

Here's another bug:

When I amplify from a selected word in a Keyed Bible text (KJVS) to a Hebrew or Greek Tool in the Resource palette with the Option key pressed, the tool opens but does not search for the underlying original word (even though the Hebrew/Greek word is actually found in the Hebrew or Greek Entry field).

Here is the senario: open a workspace, set windows to tie, save the workspace. Close Accordance, open Accordance so it is set to open to the last workspace and the ties are gone. I can open the saved workspace and they are still there.

UPDATE: The Set/Tie function is very inconsistent once Accordance is closed and restarted. I am having to re-tie 5-8 windows each time. Here is my setup:

The Commentaries and Bible Text are all tied to the Comparative pane.

post-1391-128481568785_thumb.png

This may be due to the presence of your small pane. When resizing, all panes are resized proportionally, so since that pane is at minimum width, it won't allow your search tab to go smaller. Try removing the pane, or increasing its width, then dragging the divider. I'm not sure why its snapping just yet, though.

Joel,

I'm not trying to make the Thompson pane smaller. From Image 2, where everything is centered up, as soon as I drag to the right to just make the Thompson pane slightly smaller than the main zone to the left, it snaps to the position in Image 3 and I cannot resize again at all without moving the pane back to the horizontal position from Image 1.

Joel,

I'm not trying to make the Thompson pane smaller. From Image 2, where everything is centered up, as soon as I drag to the right to just make the Thompson pane slightly smaller than the main zone to the left, it snaps to the position in Image 3 and I cannot resize again at all without moving the pane back to the horizontal position from Image 1.

UPDATE: I closed the Workspace that I was using from Version 8 (the ones in the pictures). I set A9 prefs to Default Search Window instead of Default Session. It opened up my standard bible text only. When I opened Thompson, it opened in a vertical position to the right of the text and the screen was halved. I am able to incrementally resize the window left and right as designed. Apparently my workspace from A8 is corrupted as well?

I cannot relocate the bibles in the center pane if they are organized horizontally.

jfidel - How did you custom name the zones?

jfidel - How did you custom name the zones?

If you are consistent with what you include in the zones, ie. texts, reference tools, the program will include the name automatically. Once you mix them, then you get the Mixed title, or just Texts if you mix English and Original language texts. Hope this helps.

Resizing the search area with multiple horizontal texts seems to cause the program to lock up. This seems reproducible, shutting down accordance and trying again with the same scenario.

post-30136-128482349412_thumb.png

In a newly created workspace, attempting to move the CNTTS Apparatus from the vertical zone to the bottom zone renders the following error. I have hit the same problem trying to relocate the details menu from the vertical position to the horizontal slot.

post-30136-128482556623_thumb.png

I think that if you make the window longer vertically, it will allow you to create another zone at the bottom.

I'm going to close this topic as it's getting hard to follow all the threads. Please open a new topic for each kind of issue, i.e. if you don't see a topic for that issue already.

Archived