Updating from DVD

johnny_redeemed

I have a few modules that say I can update them from the DVD (i.e. GNT-TIS). How do I do this?

If you own the Primary DVD, insert it into your computer and run the installer. You will eventually be presented with a dialog box to enter your unlocking code. You don't need to enter a code at all, simply check the box 'Update all Modules' and click 'Begin Installation'. That should do any updates you have. If you only have the Primary 8 DVD, as opposed to the Primary 8.1 DVD, it may not update all of your modules, especially the more scholarly ones. Many of them were updated with the 8.1 release, and you would need that DVD to get the latest versions. I believe that DVD is $10 + shipping.

If you own the Primary DVD, insert it into your computer and run the installer. You will eventually be presented with a dialog box to enter your unlocking code. You don't need to enter a code at all, simply check the box 'Update all Modules' and click 'Begin Installation'. That should do any updates you have. If you only have the Primary 8 DVD, as opposed to the Primary 8.1 DVD, it may not update all of your modules, especially the more scholarly ones. Many of them were updated with the 8.1 release, and you would need that DVD to get the latest versions. I believe that DVD is $10 + shipping.

Thank for the help. I have 8.0.1 and I need 8.1. Do you have a link to where I can buy 8.1?

I'm sorry, in looking at the store, it is $15 + shipping, not $10! Thats what happens when I quote prices from memory. Here is the link to that item on the web store. Generally, decide if you really need the 8.1 DVD or not. Right now, the latest version of Accordance is 8.2.2 and can be downloaded for free here, if you already own Accordance 8. The reason you'd want to have the DVD upgrade is either peace of mind that your modules are more up to date, or if the errors fixed in the modules make the upgrade worth it. I am not an expert on those modules, so that is simply a decision for you to come to. I don't mean to push you away from buying something, I simply want to make sure you are spending your money in the wisest manner.

I'm sorry, in looking at the store, it is $15 + shipping, not $10! Thats what happens when I quote prices from memory. Here is the link to that item on the web store. Generally, decide if you really need the 8.1 DVD or not. Right now, the latest version of Accordance is 8.2.2 and can be downloaded for free here, if you already own Accordance 8. The reason you'd want to have the DVD upgrade is either peace of mind that your modules are more up to date, or if the errors fixed in the modules make the upgrade worth it. I am not an expert on those modules, so that is simply a decision for you to come to. I don't mean to push you away from buying something, I simply want to make sure you are spending your money in the wisest manner.

Thanks for the help Joel. I am new to Accordance (and I am loving it!!!). How often to these new $15 cds come out? Should I just wait for the next one? When is 9.0 due out?

Also, I bought my 8.0 off ebay. Will that be a problem if I decide to buy the 8.1 cd?

The next DVD upgrade will probably not be until November, and version 9 not for another year or more.

Yes, you may buy the DVD to upgrade your copy, if it was registered with Accordance. If not, register it now from the File menu in the Primary Installer, and make a note of the purchase level.

Archived