Need Better Hits Navigation

Mick Matousek

Subsequent to the appearance of the new PRIOR button in a search window, I'd like to suggest another additional button be added to the 'Verse' 'Chapter' 'Book' scroll arrows at the bottom left. Whenever reviewing a search with multiple context verses added, the "Verse' button arrows navigation becomes painful to use. I'd like to suggest a pair of up/down 'Hit' arrows to scroll from each hit to the next hit. This would allow easy progress thru many targeted context rich verses without tediously using the up down buttons multiple times.

Control-command up and down arrow keys scrolls to the next mark not next hit. Since this routine already knows when no marks are present (it beeps), perhaps it could default to search for the next hit whenever an absence of marks exists. Although, if one were marking verses during review, the routine would need to allow for marking verses.

The simple answer is that if you show All verses in the context menu, Accordance does mark each "hit" verse. I do not think there is room for another set of buttons. It's too late for the next rev anyway, we'll be releasing 7.2 just as soon as the installers pass muster, i.e. any day now.

The simple answer is that if you show All verses in the context menu, Accordance does mark each "hit" verse. I do not think there is room for another set of buttons. It's too late for the next rev anyway, we'll be releasing 7.2 just as soon as the installers pass muster, i.e. any day now.

Yes, show ALL verses will work. We may have talked about this before, it seems vaguely familiar. Unfortunately the hit verse is brought to the top where I cannot read the preceding context. So, I will create a macro triggered by control-command up and down arrow keys to 1) find the next hit AND 2) back up five verses so I can see preceding context. That works for me.

No, I wouldn't expect any enhancements in this development cycle.

Mick, your solution (I think you use Quickeys) should do just what you want, then.

Not sure what Helen meant about not room for another set of buttons, since it would obviously be the same Mark set that appears when context is "All".

The request may be seen as a request to mark the hits when context is 5+ instead of not until "All". Not sure if I like the idea myself. But, it does make sense that there's no reason for ⌘⌃+↑ & ↓ to just beep when it's clear the user is wanting to jump to the next Hit. So, maybe marking it makes sense. I'm not really sure what the downside would be to Marking the Hits when any context is added.

And even then, the key combination could default to the verse up and down when no Marks are available.

Archived